Re: Provincial News Coordinator
- Post Date:November 2, 2022
- Views 40
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Male
- Industry Media and NewsQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 1515Location Kabul
About MOBY Group:
Founded in 2003 MOBY GROUP operates in South & Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Headquartered in Dubai, the group employs over 1,200 individuals across 16 businesses.
MOBY has been widely recognized for its role in bringing news and entertainment to underserved populations. It serves over 300 million people through its activities in broadcasting, digital & online, production, strategic communications, publishing, music, sports and research. MOBY’s local-language content in English, Farsi, Pashto, Hindi, Arabic and Amharic spans a range of genres including dramas, reality television, lifestyle and music shows, sports, news & current affairs and children’s programs.
For more information please visit our website www.mobygroup.com
Contribute program ideas and carry out research in support of broadcast journalists.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide production assistance on location for live and recorded events, TV gallery support e.g., auto script, timings, where required, undertake straightforward recorded interviews, co-ordinate studio guests
• Contribute program ideas and carry out research, under supervision, in support of broadcast journalists
• Responsible for the simple operation of a variety of digital and TV equipment, tape editing, taking circuits, use of continuity cameras, etc.
• To work closely with the News team on pre-production, production and postproduction
• Build and maintain contact lists and databases, research, and compile source data into briefs for journalists or presenters
• Undertake a range of programs or newsroom administration, including booking and coordinating production facilities, logging music output and trails, preparing program scripts and running orders, dealing with correspondence
• Find contributors for items on programs, persuade contributors to go on air
• Delivering to tight deadlines while maintaining the highest editorial standards
• Coordinate the news shows produced for broadcast at TOLO, LEMAR TVs, Arman, Arakozia FM Radios and online team
• Working with direct consultation with line manager and presenter of the show
• Monitors local, national, and international news sources multiple times daily
• Verifies information with sources and ensures the accuracy of the news stories
• Writes and edits news scripts
• Produce shows from the field, when necessary, based on the nature of the story
• Deciding which stories are of most interest to our news consumers
• Determine the order in which stories will be told in broadcasts or posted to website
• Write informative and detailed web platform stories including links and additional information which viewers will find useful
• Time broadcasts and ensures they are clean and correct on the air
• Perform other related duties assigned by the line manager
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, Dari or Pashto literature, or related field required
• The applicant is required to have media management level working experience and ability of editorial judgment
• Demonstrates an ability and aptitude in the use of operational, broadcast and computer-based technology
• Excellent written and verbal skills, including editing skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
Interested candidates should send their resumes via e-mail.
Clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position, vacancy announcement, and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.