- Post Date:December 26, 2022
- Views 33
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number Vacancy#:397Location Kabul
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
FMIC was established as an innovative four-way public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, La Chaine de l’Espoir “Chain of Hope”, and AKDN. The Aga Khan University is managing this facility as part of AKDN initiative. FMIC is a 171-bed tertiary care hospital for adults, mothers and children, located in Kabul, Afghanistan; providing access to Afghans from all 34 provinces with exemplary healthcare services. FMIC diagnostics offer high-end imaging and state-of-the-art laboratory services; meeting the emergent needs of the Afghan populace. FMIC offers subsidized care through its Patient Welfare Support Programme to patients with no wherewithal to afford the cost of services. Since April 2006, FMIC has disbursed over $44.1M in patient welfare support to over 675,000 patients. FMIC serves over 300,000 patients annually. Furthermore, FMIC has established a 40-bed Women’s and Children’s house to host ultra-poor patients and provide 100% free care including housing and transportation facilities.
To obtain radiography films of various positions of the patient as requested by referring physicians, ensuring safety procedures for themselves, patients, and equipment, and performing related duties as advised by the supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate would be able to:
a. Regular Responsibilities
- Taking x-ray images of the patients and developing the films to reveal their skeletal or bone structures for diagnosis
- Conserving compliance with the regulation bodies’ protocols and ensuring the safety of patients and employees by using protective instruments and exercising safety measures
- Controlling the x-ray video display and making sure that the picture quality is up to the mark by making appropriate contrast and density adjustments
- Stabilizing the patients and ensuring preparedness by educating them about the entire procedure, appropriately positioning them on the examining table, and covering them with protective clothing
- Representing the latest techniques, equipment, and procedures to educate the staff about them
- Sometimes, assisting the surgeons to conduct special vascular and angiography procedures
- Evaluating the dimension of the area to be radiographed
- Making copies of the x-rays and keeping a precise record of the patients who have undergone the imaging procedure
- Maintain equipment by cleaning and making minor adjustments and report to management in case of any fault or breakdown.
- Any other related task assigned by management.
a. Periodic Responsibilities
- Change the radiation dose monitoring device on monthly basis or as advised by radiation protection committee.
- A diploma in the Radiologic Technology Course from a recognized institute (3 years).
- Possession of excellent communication and interpersonal skills on all fronts
- Must display a high level of flexibility in the process of carrying out assigned duties. This may entail filling in for other colleagues in the face of tight schedules
- Must be willing and able to work in different shift.
- Must be able to analyze complex situations within a limited time-frame
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of human anatomy
- Must have a clear understanding of how to handle and operate medical imaging equipment
- Knowledge of judging film quality, patient positioning, film developing, supplies handling and general record keeping
- Good working knowledge of technical X-Ray and operation of the related equipment’s.
Interested applicants should send their resume to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Children, Ali Abad, and Behind Kabul University or email [email protected].
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. CVs are required to be covered with application letter also. Please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line.