Queensland University of Technology 2022 Florence Wilson International Awards for Biomechanics and Spine Research in Australia for Master
- Post Date:July 13, 2022
- Views 186
- Gender BothIndustry EducationQualification Master’s Degree
- Number of OpportunitiesLocation Australia
The Clayton Adam Florence Wilson Award is available to promote spine research at QUT, and honours the stellar contribution to scientific innovation in spine research made by our former Research Director, Professor Clayton Adam.
Clayton joined QUT in 1999 and dedicated his work to helping children with spinal disorders, and to improving treatment outcomes for patients who undergo spinal surgery. He brought together a dedicated team of researchers, scientists, engineers, surgeons and industry partners to perform cutting edge research aimed at minimising risks and improving spinal surgery results for patients.
Clayton’s leadership of the research program resulted in QUT receiving a substantial bequest from a donor impressed by his work: the Florence Wilson Bequest. In 2015, Clayton was diagnosed with a terminal illness yet continued his active research during treatment until early 2018. Sadly, his health battle ended in March 2018, but his dedication and contribution to biomechanics and spinal research will long be remembered and admired.
Aim and Benefits of Queensland University of Technology Masters Scholarship
The Queensland University of Technology will provide an educational fund to the high-achieving students.
Requirements for Queensland University of Technology Masters Scholarship Qualification
- To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must have experience in biomechanics and/or spine research. Further eligibility criteria will be provided following successful acceptance of your application.
How to Apply
Provide a two-page CV with a one-page cover letter indicating:
- the type of Clayton Adam Florence Wilson Award/s for which you wish to apply
- how you believe you are eligible for the award.
To email your CV and cover letter or for more information please contact, A/Prof Paige Little, Research Director, QUT Biomechanics and Spine Research Group.