Quality Assurance and Accreditation Coordinator
- Post Date:October 26, 2022
- Views 84
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number QAAC-KU-OCT-22Location Kabul
About Kardan University:
Founded in 2002, Kardan University is the first and leading private university in Afghanistan. Over 4,000 students, 25 percent of whom are women, currently pursue diploma, undergraduate, and graduate programs at Kardan University’s three campuses in Kabul.
With an alumni network of 30,000, Kardan University is a household name in Afghanistan renowned for its academic excellence. More than 600 Kardan University graduates have received prestigious graduate scholarships, including Fulbright, Chevening, DAAD, and more. Kardan University has received business program accreditation through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) and is a candidate for accreditation with ACBSP and AACSB.
We are also members of CHEA International Quality Group (CIQG), Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN), and Global Business School Network (GBSN).
In 2012, Kardan University helped lay the foundation of the Association of Private Universities and Institutes of Higher Education in Afghanistan and served as its elected Chair for two consecutive terms.
Kardan University’s strategic initiatives are articulated in its Vision of Excellence, a five-year strategic plan (2015-2020), promoting excellence in research, faculty development, student growth, and public engagement. In September 2018, Kardan University earned the Ministry of Higher Education’s national accreditation and became the top-ranking institution among both public and private universities in Afghanistan.
Kardan University is seeking a young, competent, and experienced Quality Assurance and Accreditation Coordinator who will directly report to the Vice-Chancellor Academics of the University. The quality Assurance and Accreditation Coordinator is responsible for defining clear standards as reference for the MoHE reviews and other international quality assurance bodies and monitoring and controlling the effective implementation of the quality assurance framework.
We offer an exciting work environment conducive to the academic and professional development of our people. Kardan University offers a competitive salary in the higher education industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The QA&AC will be responsible for the overall promotion of public perception and Confidence about the quality and perceived academic standards of the degrees of Kardan University.
- QA&AC will be responsible for bringing refinement in the overall quality of teaching-learning and academic practices of the institute and maintaining and continuously enhancing academic standards
- QA&AC will have the mandate to review the academic affiliations with other quality assurance bodies and institutions in terms of effective management of academic standards and quality of programs.
- The QA&AC will verify that the existing academic programs of the university meet the stipulated objectives and institutional quality goals chalked out for them.
- QA&AC will be responsible to develop and orient the qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the academic programs.
- QA&AC will be responsible to ensure that the University quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place at the MoHE and other international accreditation bodies for maintaining and improving the quality of higher education at the institution.
- The QA&AC will effectively undergo the annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring, and student perception. The detailed survey instruments will be designed to record the responses of all stakeholders for bringing further refinement to the diversified avenues of teaching and learning at the University.
- The QA&AC will support the academic programs in understanding the quality standards and audit the department’s QA-related reports and evidence on a semester-wise basis.
- The QA&AC will ensure that the academic programs and the institution as a whole fulfill the national and international accreditation requirements.
- The QA&AC is responsible to prepare annual monitoring reports of the University in compliance with the annual monitoring report of the academic and non-academic departments.
- Perform any task given by the Vice-Chancellor Academics of the University.
- Master’s Degree in business administration, management, social sciences or related field.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in academic and professional environments, at least two years of experience in University quality assurance and accreditation processes
- Strong organizational, conceptual, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Professional writing skills in national languages (Dari and Pashto) and in the English language
- Ability to work efficiently and cooperatively within a team and independently.
- Knowledge of current higher education trends, particularly in the private sector.
- Ability to prioritize major tasks and activities efficiently and effectively.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes and cover letter (in one file) via email to [email protected] Email applications must include the position title in the email subject line.
We thank all the applicants for their interest; however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview.