- Post Date:December 26, 2022
- Views 61
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number Vacancy#:396Location Kabul
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
FMIC was established as an innovative four-way public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, La Chaine de l’Espoir “Chain of Hope”, and AKDN. The Aga Khan University is managing this facility as part of AKDN initiative. FMIC is a 171-bed tertiary care hospital for adults, mothers and children, located in Kabul, Afghanistan; providing access to Afghans from all 34 provinces with exemplary healthcare services. FMIC diagnostics offer high-end imaging and state-of-the-art laboratory services; meeting the emergent needs of the Afghan populace. FMIC offers subsidized care through its Patient Welfare Support Programme to patients with no wherewithal to afford the cost of services. Since April 2006, FMIC has disbursed over $44.1M in patient welfare support to over 675,000 patients. FMIC serves over 300,000 patients annually. Furthermore, FMIC has established a 40-bed Women’s and Children’s house to host ultra-poor patients and provide 100% free care including housing and transportation facilities.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and qualified purchasing officer to procure high-quality and cost-effective supplies within the stipulated deadlines in compliance with the FMIC policies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate would be able to:
- Purchase based on the approved requests received from the requesting department after necessary clearance from the Finance Department.
- Obtain minimum three best quotations after doing an extensive market research
- Analyze quotations to make effective purchasing recommendation. This involves preparation of appraisals which primarily includes evaluation of prices, quality, timely delivery and aftersales services.
- Provide information regarding new products and market trends to the user departments.
- Coordinate with requesting department to ensure that the requirements are met and communicated to relevant units.
- Prepare the monthly report on purchases and submit it to the immediate supervisor
- Accountable for all the purchases made and its delivery on timely basis.
- Prepare the quarterly/annually contract with suppliers for regular supplies and consumables
- Carryout any other tasks as and when assigned by supervisor/department head.
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field.
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors).
- Understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent communications skills in English and local language/s.
Interested applicants should send their resume to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Children, Ali Abad, and Behind Kabul University or email [email protected].
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. CVs are required to be covered with application letter also. Please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line.