PSS Councilor (CHC-BHC)
- Post Date:November 1, 2022
- Views 42
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 11Vacancy Number IRW-HRT-007-2022Location Herat
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter,
The PSS counsellor is the dedicated staff to provide all sort of psycho-social counselling of the patients. He/she will be responsible to screen and identify and triaged those with mental health problems as per the different standard scales to know the severity of the patients health and provide standard number of counselling in a proper place which is comfortable for the patient and their privacy is kept.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop field activities plan in close coordination with project medical doctor.
- Assessing and identification of children, women and girls for psychosocial support in targeted communities
- Schedule and conduct field meetings with CDC heads, Women leaders, Parents and other target beneficiaries
- Conduct psychosocial predeveloped training plans in target communities
- Familiarize with existing pathways or where necessary develop a system for referral cases and case management which are needing further PSS support or other services.
- Provide context related PSS support at the individual, family, and community members.
- Conduct specific psychosocial group activities, adapted and appropriate to group’s specific needs and capacities.
- When needed work in close collaboration with faith leaders and others relevant authorities to create and implement psychosocial activities in the centers and the communities.
- Supporting social mobilizers to conduct awareness sessions to the project beneficiaries
- Any other project related task assigned by project officer
Bachelor in Psychology
Submission Guidelines: Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following:
The closing date for accepting applications is 07 November 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.