Provincial M&E and MIS Coordinator
- Post Date:November 28, 2022
- Views 29
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary 18000 - 18728 AFN monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AD#AF 273/22Location Nangarhar
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization that originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002 and has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan program as well as capacity development in the country.
The Provincial M&E and MIS Coordinator will work under the M&E department Standard Operating Procedures and will lead the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Management Information System (MIS) activities of the Integrated Community Resilience and Recovery (ICRAR) project at mentioned provinces. He/She will understand the ICRAR and will ensure integrity and transparency in the delivery of M&E and MIS activities as well as reporting and coordination. He/She will coordinate and monitor the project work plan and staff activities and will provide staff with constructive feedback and comments to improve the quality of implementation. The incumbent will follow the M&E and MIS work plans and will guide, manage and coordinate the project monitoring, research, and MIS operations at the field levels. Monitoring of safeguarding will also be carried out as per BRAC Afghanistan safeguarding policies. The incumbent is the key technical staff of the M&E department at the field levels where ensuring quality implementation of the project activities and will provide the project staff with support quality implementation of the project activities. He/She will closely work with project staff on the activities and will guide, manage and coordinate the project MIS data collection and management operations at the field levels.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance from the M&E Manager and Team Leader, the Provincial M&E and MIS Coordinator will report to the Sr. M&E Officer/MIS Manager/Provincial Manager and work closely with the project staff, other support units and stakeholders to support in the overall planning, monitoring, and reporting of project-based progress and information management at the sub-national (provincial/district) levels. He/She will perform the following, but not limited to:
Monitoring and Evaluation
1. Understand the project-based indicators, outputs, outcomes, and the ultimate results
2. Coordinate and support the project Need Assessment (NA), make sure the eligible project participants are selected, and contribute to the NA report.
3. Support and follow the M&E plan and ensure regular data collection of project-based, as well as ensure the quality of the data by random verification, validation and cross-checking
4. Provide capacity building to the field staff to understand the ultimate results of the project-based.
5. Conduct regular field visits to the project sites (province capital, districts, villages, CDCs) and collect quality, accurate and precise data using the standard M&E tools, and enter it into the M&E systems using Kobo Toolbox.
6. Coordinate with the project staff over planning and monitoring activities that will take place as per project implementation plans
7. Consolidate the monitoring findings and debrief the implementation managers over areas of improvement rigorously.
8. Reporting of critical findings through the existing M&E mechanisms on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
9. Support the donor and other stakeholders during monitoring visits as per instructions of implementation managers and the M&E department
10. Support the implementation managers through feedback obtained from the beneficiary community.
11. Analyze the M&E data and report on project outputs and outcomes on a periodic basis.
12. Ensure accountability at all levels of implementation including communication of complaints and response reciprocally between the project and beneficiary community.
13. Ensure data integrity, validity, and quality of products as well as delivery to the beneficiaries.
18. Practice, promote and endorse the issues of BRAC safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
19. Attend coordination meetings with relevant depart and project teams and come up with proposals that can support the efficient delivery of services for the target community.
20. Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Management Information System (MIS)
1. Support the MIS Manager in preparing the MIS plan, data collection tools, and data analysis system
2. Ensure the project-based MIS system is updated and provided with accurate information and reports on a regular basis.
3. Ensure regular data collection of project-based, as well as ensure the quality of the data by random verification validation and cross-checking
4. Establish/support the data and information record-keeping system and proper documentation of the project beneficiaries, indicators, and output-based information.
5. Support the MIS manager in preparing beneficiary profiles and contact details and upload to the MIS system
6. Make sure the MIS database is regularly updated with data accuracy, and consistency and produce monthly, quarterly, and need base reports.
7. Assist the line supervisors in preparing project progress reports, donor reports, country updates, stakeholder reports, and BI-MIS datasheets
8. Conduct regular fields visits as per plan, collect quality, accurate and precise data, compile and aggregate MIS data and submit to the MIS system in a timely manner
9. Prepare and submit the summary and analysis report as per project activities to the MIS Manager/provincial manager for their quarterly report writing at the end of each month/quarter.
10. Regular follow-up and provide constructive feedback to the project team at the field levels to improve the project implementation, data collection, management, and reporting.
11. Ensure data integrity, quality of products as well as delivery to the beneficiaries.
12. Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the program’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
13. Comply with the BRAC data and information protection and dissemination policy
14. Attend coordination meetings with project staff and other stakeholders and come up with proposals that can support the efficient delivery of services for the target community.
15. Comply with the BRAC MIS SOPs and guidelines
Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the program’s goals of safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, and encourage others to do so.
- Good organizational, communication, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills.
- Fluency in English, Pashto, and Dari, both written and spoken
- Familiar with report writing and planning
- Honest, proactive, and well-mannered.
- Training and capacity-building skills in participatory monitoring method
- Database management and administration skills
- Experience in maintaining a reliable M&E/MIS database on
- t the status of project implementation, delivery, evaluations, and reporting
- Experience in working in teams and coordinating with project/Programme personnel located in distant offices
- Experience in producing M&E & MIS data collection tools, data analysis, and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in capturing learning and documenting knowledge
- Demonstrated skills in digitized data collection and management (Kobo toolbox, ODK, Google forms/sheets, etc.)
interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resources Department, BRAC Afghanistan,
To apply please click on the below: https://www.jobs.af/jobs/provincial-m-e-and-mis-coordinator-12/apply
Only complete applications will be accepted and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Job Location: Jawzjan
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
If you have any difficulties applying for this job please contact to jobs.af technical team through WhatsApp 0773020100