Provincial Health and Nutrition Supervisor
- Post Date:September 28, 2022
- Views 58
- Career Level ManagerExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification CertificateSalary 39000 - 39754 AFN monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AD#AF 220/09/2022Location Balkh
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan programme as well as capacity development in the country.
The Health and Nutrition officer should work with cooperative attitude to keep the link and integrate the Health and Nutrition with BPHS activities in accordance with the national standards at MHNT level Plan, coordinate, supervise/monitor and report health and nutrition related activities in line with Logical Framework of the project in the provinces and develop communication network for this purpose in coordination with the BPHs Health and Nutrition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop a system to oversee the project performance and study the impact of program activities.
• Coordinate and facilitate the joint supervision and monitoring mission.
• Provide supervision report and follow up action plan and feedbacks
• Participate in monthly action plan process for the project.
• Assist provincial manager in finalization of monthly action plan of project
• Provide on job training to the Mobile health/Nutrition team during the supervision
• Manage and follow up supervision work plans
• Manage relationships between the Mobile health/nutrition team and program staff
• Actively manage Mobile health/nutrition team performance and development.
• Create a linkage of the program with community
• Support Pharmacy unit to ensure appropriate supply of nutrition commodities and essential drug to MHNT
• Prepare report of meeting attended
• Prepare monthly supervision and field trip report
• Coordinate any issue related of MHNT with line manager
• Participate in Health/Nutrition coordination meeting at provincial/district and community level
• Assists in Identifying training needs and conducts relevant orientation, workshop, training and learning/development activities for MHNTs staff on nutrient topics
• Provide technical support to provincial managers
• Conduct regular supportive supervision visits to district offices and MHNTs, and provide constructive feedback and on the job training.
• Collecting monthly data from MHNTs through technical officer health (based on district offices), then analyzing and compiling and submit the report to Provincial Manger and to HMIS Manager (Kabul office)
• Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the Provincial Manager.
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
• Graduated from medical university (MD),
• 3-4 years of work experience in the relevant field.
• Experience in training, facilitation, and/or program support.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Good communication skills (written and spoken) of Dari, Pashto & English Demonstrated skills in health management and ability to work effectively as part of a team Ability to travel to the targeted provinces and districts and other related districts when it is required.
• Ability to support the project team and provide/receive constructive feedback Knowledge of planning/organizing/communication skills, problem analysis/solving presentation skills/facilitation, and coaching skills
• Experience of working with BPHS implementer NGOs will be given priority
IInterested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan, Haji Mir Ahmad Street, Baharistan, Karte parewan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
To apply please click on the below link: https://www.jobs.af/jobs/provincial-health-and-nutrition-supervisor-14
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply