Provincial Coordinator, Health Program
- Post Date:October 9, 2022
- Views 96
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number NR/BAG/10/22/016Location Baghlan
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
The project coordinator who will works under the direct supervision of the regional Health manager at regional level, health program is responsible to coordinate, implement and report the health project funded by FCDO, implementation and budget utilization with accordance to the donor approved work plan and budget to achieve the target goal of the project and provide required support to the national health management for mobilizing of new resources, support the provincial project staff through technical inputs and maintain good coordination and relation with related stakeholders at national and provincial level.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Implement the project including routine immunization, Medicine supplies, awareness and psychosocial support which funded by FCDO with all its requirement agreed by AKF with donor.
2. Support provincial project staff to ensure that the projects’ activities are being implementing in accordance with agreed work plan, implementation schedule and allocated resources.
3. Track the progress against the agreed work plan of the project and ensure the budget utilized according to the allocated budget and with consideration of the donor requirement and compliance.
7. Conduct regular field visits and coordinate the projects implementation with BPHS implementers and relevant stakeholder at the field level and follow up the field visits findings from the project related activities being implementing at the target areas and address field implementation issues (technical and operational) with concerned departments.
8. Preparing of required reports such as monthly, quarterly, semiannual, annual and update progress reports for line supervisor and health management with accordance to the donor requirement, reporting mechanisms and deadlines.
9. Coordinate the purchase requests of the project requested medical and non medical items and follow up regularly with relevant department such as procurement, finance and others for on time provision.
10. Contribute to the process for developing project annual plan, implementation schedule and yearly plan of operation (YPO) for the projects implement by health team.
11. To manage arrangement of all required trainings and capacity building programs to the project staff and stakeholders with consideration of the allocated resources and identified areas for improvement.
12. Increase the projects staff capacity through supervision, workshops, trainings and regular consultation for improved performance and achieving better results and targeted outputs and outcomes of the projects.
13. Work closely with other AKF sectors in identifying areas for collaboration and program integration that help utilizing program budget efficiently and address stakeholders’ expectations with minimal resources.
14. Liaise and coordinate the project’s implementation with other AKDN agencies, AKF sectors at the national level.
15. Work closely with MIS and M&E team to analyze program implementation and take forward the best practices & lessons learned and incorporate in donor reports.
16. Support health management in identifying areas for innovation and improvement through new concept notes, proposals and strategic plans for resource mobilization.
17. To report any challenge mis affecting the implementation including financial problems with line manager and health management.
18. To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to preserving AKF’s Safeguarding standards for organization, staff, beneficiaries and stakeholders.
19. Comply with AKF policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
20. Respect the target communities cultures, traditions and costumes.
21. Respect all AKF policies, rules and regulations and practice accordingly.
22. To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Contribute to development and delivering of presentations in official events.
2. To Maintain a good organizational working relationship within the departments and other AKF’A sectors at national and regional offices and AKDN sister agencies.
1. Graduated from Recognized Medical University (MD, Master is preferred).
2. 5 Years’ experience in related field and project implementation and management.
3. Ability to communicate effectively in English, and local languages verbally and in writing.
4. Be able to work under pressure with tight deadline.
5. Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages.
6. Very good interpersonal communication skills.
7. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
8. Must be able to travel to the project sites.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
1. Attention to details & Technical Skills.
2. Management, Leadership & Communication skills.
3. Accountability and honesty.
4. Writing, Reading and Accurate Listening Skills.
5. Creativity, Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
6. Effective communication skills and self-confident.
7. Good Interpersonal skills, Confident.
8. Integrative ability & Flexibility.
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 16th October 2022.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.