Protection Monitoring and Case Management Worker
- Post Date:August 28, 2022
- Views 59
- Career Level ManagerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number SVN-KBL-098-22Location Hearat
CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position
Treatment of severe acute malnutrition (SAM) is one of the key components of PND activities serviced through BPHS NGOS. It is primarily implemented in the emergency affected provinces where the prevalence of SAM is high. The services will be expanded as part of emergency response once there is emergency induced SAM cases. Therapeutic nutrition supplies (e.g F-75, F-100 and RUTF) are core elements of the services. PND manage the overall supply chain including forecasting, requesting, distributing, and collecting the reports on a quarterly basis.
Purpose of the post:
The main objective of this assignment is to support PND to manage quality IMAM services delivery as inpatient care and outpatient care. Also, to manage the therapeutic supply and minimize the nutrition supply stock outs through improved nutrition supply management system. The technical assistance will also be responsible for emergency related activities in PND including coordinating with Nutrition cluster.
- Undertake field monitoring missions and collect protection information on a regular basis through facilitation of surveys, interviews, and focus group discussions with undocumented migrants.
- Contribute to drafting and updating of regular protection reports including utilizing digital data collection systems.
- Maintain an up to date and in-depth understanding of community dynamics and displacement/migration trends in the communities monitored including of the surrounding host community.
- During protection monitoring activities, identify protection needs/risks affecting individuals, households, and groups, and conduct internal and external referrals to appropriate service providers according to needs, including cash for protection.
Protection Case Management:
- Act as single focal point for the province in the provision of case management for Persons with Specific Needs (PSNs) and to coordinate individual assistance with staff and partners from the border crossing point with Iran, in IOM transit centres and until the return in the destination areas.
- To provide holistic case management including comprehensive needs assessments, provision of in-kind assistance and referrals to protection and reintegration actors for highly vulnerable returnees including females at risk, medical cases, and other vulnerable cases.
- Support the coordination of family tracing, reunification and verification for beneficiaries, particularly unaccompanied migrant children and vulnerable females and medical cases through Child Protection Action Networks and specialised protection agencies. Collaborate with IOM CBRR and Protection staff in Kabul, the major border crossings and in the 11 provinces of high return.
Planning and reporting:
- Lead scheduling of, and participation in, monitoring missions, in collaboration with the Protection Assistant and Protection Officer
- Provide weekly and monthly data and completion of case management notes and reports, including case studies and other reports
- Plan and carry out distributions in accordance with IOM’s procedures, liaise with procurement and logistics departments for provision of support to beneficiaries at the central level, and as the focal point for the provinces.
Coordination and representation:
- Represent IOM in protection coordination meetings, including the Protection Cluster, GBV Sub-Cluster, Child Protection in Emergencies Sub-Cluster, PSN Network, Child Protection Action Network and other provincial or regional meetings.
- Identify potential partnership to support the protection focal points in implement protection strategies and programs like psychosocial support, peer support, alternatives to institutional care for separated children.
- Liaise with other agencies/NGOs/government bodies and UN agencies to ensure coordination, implementation of common standards in the field and consideration of protection issues in assistance program.
- In coordination with other relevant actors, advocate for humanitarian access and advocate with government to assist any urgent protection needs.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Note: Appointment is subject to funding availability
- Basic information on the migration issues within Afghanistan and the reasons why people migrate.
- Basic Knowledge of what IOM is doing in Afghanistan for migration and specifically for the undocumented Afghan returnees.
- Experience in Case Management and Protection Monitoring
- Sufficient Knowledge on child protection and Gender Based Violence (GBV)
- Knowledge of using data collection through KOBO
V. Education and Experience:
University Degree in any of the following fields: Social Science, Law, Psychology and Human Rights.
1 year of working experience in Government or non-government organizations in relevant field or completion of secondary school/ diploma with 3 years relevant working experience.
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Dari
- Fluency in Pashto
Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae through ACBAR website by Close of Business (CoB) 29 August 2022 latest, we do not accept hard copies.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.
Campaigning for a candidate can be grounds for disqualification.
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and CV
Once you profile is created and saved go to Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, date you are available from and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under Application tab
Vacancy Reference NO. in website:VAC-8006
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.if you have any issue registering yourself, please contactform 8:00 AM up to 4:00 PM: +0093728220482