Project Technical officer/Supervisor
- Post Date:November 18, 2022
- Views 15
- Career Level OfficerExperience 8 Years +Gender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Associate DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number OPHCD-2022-033Location Helmand
Organization for Promotion of Health & Community Development (OPHCD) is a nongovernmental, non-political and independent organization. OPHCD has been established in 2017 and registered with the NGOs Department of the Ministry of Economy of the with license # 4160 as well as registered with the Ministry of Public Health of the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan with the registration #762. In addition, the organization has membership of Afghanistan National Health cluster, Afghanistan National Nutrition Cluster and ACBAR. OPHCD, as a non-governmental organization striving for well-being of the people through promotion of health, education, WASH, protection and human right, economic stability and sustainable development of the communities with focus on the women and children, drugs users, IDPs and other marginalized group of the society with an equitable manner.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Project Technical officer/Supervisor is reportable to Provincial project manager and following are the main responsibility of the position:
- Assis PM in coordinating the project activities with local PPHD/PHO/REMT/PEMT, communities and related stakeholders at provincial level
- Keep close communication and working coordination with community level CSOs, elders and target beneficiaries to ensure a proper working environment as per project scope of work.
- all health facilities staff.
- Conduct TNA and based on that plan and coordinate trainings for the HFs’ staff at the province level and conduct workshops and trainings on various health topics e.g. EPI, Nutrition, RMNCH, PSS & mental health and supervision and monitoring and etc..
- Analyze the technical reports of the HFs and provide feedback and on the job trainings to the staff.
- Follow and monitor implementation of established departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiative; safety, environmental, and infection prevention standards at the HFs level.
- Identify and report immediately any problems which interfere in the delivery of services or in achieving the program objectives to office.
- Monitor and supervise the progress of the health care provision including EPI, nutrition, MCH and IEC and pharmacy.
- Support all technical staff of the HFs and office for improvement of skills and work progress.
- Carry out those tasks, which are necessary for operational and skillful interventions and provision of quality health care at the HFs and community level.
- Supervise at least 10 HFs/month and provide on the job training on technical issues to
- Support and cooperate in the health surveys and studies activities.
- Maintain close working coordination with all concerned provincial and community level stakeholders and relevant departments to ensure project’s assets and staff safety.
- Make sure that the project activities are being implemented according to project work plan, performance indicators and targets.
- Assist management team in performance appraisal of technical staffs.
- participate in task force and working group at the province level on behalf of OPHCD
- MD or equivalent medical degree certified by higher education authority in Afghanistan.
- Attended EPI, IMCI, Nutrition, RMNCH, Mental health trainings (at least 3 of them) according to the BPHS guideline
- At least 8 years work experience with health sector minimum 5 years full time work experience in the positions of Technical officer/supervisor (EPI, Nutrition or MCH are preferable) with BPHS/EPHS NGOs or PPHD.
- Having analytical skills of HMIS data and practical knowledge of NMC checklist use and reporting.
- Strong communications and leadership skills;
- Fluent English, Pashto, and Dari with excellent speaking and writing skills;
- Proficient computing skills including word processing, spreadsheet design and PPT presentation.
Other skills required:
- Efficiency, result-oriented and excellent management capabilities;
- Capacity to perform effectively under pressure and harsh conditions; ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner;
- Excellent capacity development and teamwork skills; cross-cultural and gender sensitivity;
- Ability to travel throughout the country
Ability to use information technology effectively.
The interested candidates should submit their application letter with CV and with three references.
Please Mention the announced position vacancy number proviance you have applied in the email subject please like (apply for OPHCD-2002-0000 Position), Via Email: [email protected]
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted