Project Officer - RAWNAQ Project
- Post Date:October 8, 2022
- Views 82
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Finance and EconomicQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number CRD00185/22Location Kabul
About Cordaid, Afghanistan:
Cordaid is an internationally operating value-based emergency relief and development organisation, working in and on fragility.
The organisation was established in 2000, when several Dutch aid organizations joined forces. But our history goes back more than a century. Cordaid has changed over the years, the organisation now is focusing more on the localisation of its operations and programmes to empower local human capacities and knowledge in serving communities and people. Reducing fragility has become our core priority and we work in all contexts of fragility, from relief, through rehabilitation to long-term development. To do this effectively we seek funds, start partnerships, and compete on a global market.
We believe in a world where people can break through barriers of poverty and exclusion, influence decisions that affect them and participate in equitable and resilient societies. A world with an economy not driven by greed and growth, but by inclusivity, social justice, and gender equality. That world is our goal. We work towards it in everything we do.
Cordaid has been active in Afghanistan since 2001, working for a stable and prosperous country. Abiding by the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence, Cordaid is committed to stand by the people of Afghanistan and deliver its lifesaving support.
Cordaid through its work and need-based programming, is committed to delivering lifesaving, resilience, and development assistance to the people of Afghanistan.
The Project Officer will be responsible for a variety of tasks under Cordaid’s Rawnaq project and will directly report to the Project Manager. The tasks will include, but are not limited to, project management activities, administrative tasks, private sector development activities, organizing tasks and reporting activities.
The Project Officer will support all aspects of the implementation of the RAWNAQ project. This includes:
- Contributing to monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Government coordination tasks
- Organisation of business ecosystem activities in Kabul, like (participation in) trade fairs
- Supporting the PMEAL assistant with the monitoring of the project and tracking progress
- Maintaining a clean and up-to-date intranet page for the project
- Maintain close coordination with Cordaid’s communication specialist to develop success stories, lessons learned, project updates
- Update RAWNAQ’s social media pages with high-quality reports, stories, videos and pictures
- Maintain and keep up-to-date the project databases keeping track of the (M)SMEs the project works with.
- Any other assignments as required by the project
The candidate for this position requires to fulfil the below requirements
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in economics or business administration or similar;
- At least two years of experience in similar capacities in business or NGO environments.
- Have practical and as well theoretical knowledge of business development services for Small and Medium Enterprises in Afghanistan (preferred).
- Have experience with business acceleration programming.
- Have an excellent written and spoken command of English.
- Have the ability to work independently and pro-actively, while also being a good team player
- Please submit your CV and cover letter in one PDF file. Your email subject should be CRD00185/22 Project Officer otherwise, it will not be considered as valid application.
- Please note that applications received after the closing date and without the Subject line will not be given consideration.
- Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for test/interview.
- Note: Only application send to the below address will be considered. Applications send to any other address even within the organization cannot be considered.
- Applicants should copy and paste the Vacancy Announcement (VA) Number which is CRD00185/22 Project Officer into the email subject line when submitting the required documents. Please do not add any other information in the subject line of your email except CRD00185/22 Project Officer. Please do not add any additional words or space in the VA Number. Applications received without a VA Number will not be considered.