- Post Date:November 13, 2022
- Views 15
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 5Vacancy Number VA-2022-136Location Ghor
Afghanaid is a British humanitarian and development organisation operating in Afghanistan. For close to forty years we have worked with millions of deprived, excluded and vulnerable families in some of the poorest and most remote communities in Afghanistan. We build basic services, improve livelihoods, strengthen the rights of women and children, help communities protect against natural disasters and adapt to climate change, and respond to humanitarian emergencies.
Our community-led approach gives ordinary Afghans a voice in their own development, making them active participants in shaping the future of their country. With our years of experience, our majority Afghan team, and our deep understanding of local, cultural and ethnic issues, we have earned great trust and respect among the communities we work alongside. This has allowed us to gain access to some of the most underserved areas of the country.
The Project Officers execute project implementation and reporting tasks including the preparation of beneficiary lists and distribution logs, and ensuring supporting documentation is collected and prepared in compliance with OCHA’s strict standards. She/he will also provide support to the senior Project officer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direct technical supervision of Senior project officer, the project officer will be accomplishing the following key responsibilities:
- With the assistance of Senior project officer, he/she will develop daily and monthly work plans.
- He/she will be conducting regularly visits to district programme site at 90 % time to field to observe and assess the performance of target beneficiaries’ and provide to them information and technical advice as required.
- He/she will closely work with relevant project field staff and project beneficiaries to implement the project activities and will send monthly progress report against the agreed objectives and outcomes.
- Conduct mobilization meetings with target beneficiaries, and promote sustainability through project (project target group) participation and involvement in all activities of the project.
- Provision of quality cash for winterization to the selected beneficiaries based on Afghanaid policies and procedures.
- Identify the cash for winterization distribution point in coordination with other stakeholders,
- Documentation and record of cash for winterization distribution process and developing of beneficiaries profiles.
- The project officer will conduct project sensitization activities and will solve community conflicts.
- Provide timely project orientation about cash for winterization to the selected beneficiaries.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, plans, case studies, technical progress reports and monitoring reports
- Project officer will assist the M&E officer with data collection and entry.
- Make a proper photo gallery of each process.
- Follows Afghanaid policy and procedures and code of conducted during (project inputs) distribution process.
- Preparing training monthly and quarterly plan and share it with PC and PM.
- Deliver project related training to the target beneficiary
- Represent Afghanaid at the district and community level.
- Coordinate any type event at the district level and ensure smooth running of the programme.
Any other duties as and when assigned by the line manager, MD and/or Directorate.
Education & Professional Qualification
BSc degree from a well-recognized University in in social science, project management, or another relevant area or equivalent.
At least 3 years’ demonstrable experience in emergency project and Cash distribution projects, with national or international organisations.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable project officer with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent knowledge of community development and social mobilisation.
- Proven management ability and strong interpersonal skills – team player.
- Problem solving and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in the most common computer software including word processing, and excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to deal with difficult, often frustrating work situations.
- A willingness to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly dangerous locations.
- Gender sensitivity.
- Sensitivity to Islamic culture.
- Commitment to support/develop the capacity of the national staff and of rural communities.
- Personal integrity and a sense of humour.
- Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in personal workload.
- Knowledge of exit strategies and sustainability issues.
- Have previous experiences in CASH programme.
Please submit your application by filling the Afghanaid standard job application form and email a completed application form, covering letter and your CV, by no later than Sunday 20 November 2022 to [email protected] ; including your name, vacancy number and the job title in the subject line. Your covering letter should be no more than 1 standard A4 page in length and explain how you meet the essential and desirable position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates. Application with no proper subject (requested above), without the application form or submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the deadline, then you have not been successful for shortlisting.
Please note that applying without filling the standard job application form will result in disqualifying the applications to review for shortlisting.
Link for the Afghanaid Standard Job Application form: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1vLmMCTTa7peZ-8Odm-L4xm_5ULr6nvRG