Project Nutrition Supervisor, Health
- Post Date:November 29, 2022
- Views 36
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number TKR/011/22/061Location Takhar
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non- profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
The nutrition supervisor will look the overall nutrition services under food assistance program (FAP) to malnourished women and under children at the community and health facility level. And S/he will regularly provide supportive supervision, on the job training, support the nutrition nurses and coordinates with HFs staff and community member to ensure smoothly implementation of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide services for supplementary feeding programs and Out-Patient therapeutic programs in line with the MoPH national guidelines.
• Conduct regular supportive supervision from target health facilities.
• Provide on-the-job training and mentoring to the target HFs staff.
• Ensure HFs has enough nutrition food commodities, reporting tools, stationeries and required equipment’s.
• physical check and ensure the food commodities utilizing properly.
• Ensure screen children (6-24 months) for malnutrition and provide RUSF to MAM children.
• Ensure screen pregnant and lactating women for malnutrition and provide LNS to Malnourished PLWs.
• Ensure Refer cases of severe acute malnutrition with medical complications in children 6-24 months to the nearest in-patient care facility following the MoPH referral roles.
• Refer any infants (<6 months of age) identified as needed in-patient care according to the IMAM guidelines.
• Give appropriate nutrition, health and hygiene education to the beneficiaries and care takers.
• Ensure to give appropriate IYCF counselling and other health messages to the enrolled lactating women.
• Provide COVID 19 precautionary measure related messages.
• Enhance technical nutrition management skills of staff through formal and informal training.
• Establish and maintain good coordination with related HFs staff and community elders/members.
• Ensures that the staffs are equipped with up-to-date nutrition related information, guidelines, procedures manual, database, and forms.
• Compiles, analyses, and interprets nutrition data received from the field and provides timely, specific and relevant feedbacks to the staff on the data and/or information provided.
• Prepare the requests for needed items for implementation of the targeted activities with consideration of the allocated resources and submit to relevant staff for further process.
• Ensure good hygiene standards are kept during provision of nutrition services
• Keep the record (soft and hard) of all documents related to nutrition intervention took place in the sites and submitted reports.
• To report any challenge mis affecting the implementation including financial problems with line manager and health management.
• Comply with AKF policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Respect the target communities’ cultures, traditions and costumes.
• Respect all AKF policies, rules and regulations and practice accordingly.
• To do any other task, with the field of competence, as line manager may request.
• To carry out responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults in accordance with the Safeguarding Policy and Child Safeguarding Policy.
• To report any suspicions or actual violations of the Safeguarding Policy and/or Child Safeguarding Policy as per the given training.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contribute to development and delivering of presentations in official events related to nutrition.
• To Maintain a good organizational working relationship within the departments and other AKF’A sectors at regional offices and AKDN sister agencies.
• Contribute to data collection and analysis of the situation of nutrition and their impact assessment.
• Graduate of Medical university, diploma in the field of Nutrition is preferable.
• 3 Years’ Experience in the related field.
• Must be willing to travel to the field.
• Good verbal and written Skills of English Language.
• The ability to work in a team environment.
• The ability to adapt in an atmosphere of constant change.
• excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a cover letter along with their CV and the names of three references electronically to [email protected] no later than December 8, 2022 or submit hard copy to AKF Afghanistan, Takhar Regional Office,: PD-1, Sarak-e- Maktab Tajerbawy Sayed Abdurrahman Shaheed, Close to Haji Wazir Hafiz Baik House, Taloqan City, Takhar Province, Afghanistan
• Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
• No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
• Salary scale: according to organization salary scale.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.