- Post Date:September 12, 2022
- Views 46
- Career Level ManagerExperience 4 YearsGender Male
- Industry ManagementQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number UA-144/GIZ-TVET 01-2022/PMLocation Balkh
About Union Aid:
Union Aid established in 1979 working for Afghan refugees in Pakistan and people in Afghanistan in different sectors such as health, education, livelihood, emergency relief, basic infrastructure with the support of UNHCR, WHO, WFP, AFV, GIZ, MI and several other donors.
Currently, Union Aid is implements various projects in health, livelihood, education, and rehabilitation of basic infrastructures, repatriation of IDPs, and emergency relief projects in different provinces of Afghanistan.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Director, Program Manager and Program Advisor the incumbent is responsible for verity of project management activities of Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) project, the incumbent is required to establish training centers in Norther Afghanistan (i.e. Balkh and Jawzjan) Provinces, also, he/she will be traveling to mentioned project intervened areas on regular bases and assure Union Aid about implementation of the project as per required project’s deliverables.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Demarcate the working area into clusters for mapping, assigned the targeted tasks and allocated resources to the project team members.
- Conduct coordination meetings with donor and together with relevant government authorities, DoRR etc., when required.
- Conduct introductory, consultative and coordination meetings with target communities through community committees, community activists and volunteers focused on the project interventions.
- Orient community households, committees and stakeholders to the project methodology and objectives.
- Review and benchmark the existing baseline need assessment conducted by the donor.
- Ensure development and implementation of annual, quarterly and monthly planning along with budgets according to overall project work plan and budget.
- Facilitate and enable Project Officer and Community Mobilizors in developing weekly, monthly and quarterly work plans.
- Ensure regular follow ups and review the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual progresses against the set plan and document the important lessons learnt and case studies.
- Formulate strategies and ensure smooth, coordinated, equitable, transparent and timely asset transfer among the project beneficiaries for each project intervention.
- Monitor project interventions in the field periodically through compliance, field visits, participate in the periodic community meetings and manage community conflicts for the smooth functioning of the project.
- Ensure the project activities are implemented according to the needs and rights of the targeted communities.
- Establish and facilitate the accountability and feedback mechanism among the target communities for the project interventions.
- Participate and actively contribute in experience sharing and consultative process of making necessary adjustments in strategies and approaches on the basis of lessons learnt for Integration Project.
Coordination and representation
- Coordinate and consult with the project top management and the field team regarding the project implementation and guidelines for effective project execution.
- Coordinate and consult Executive Director, Program Advisor and Program Manager before taking any decision.
- Coordinate and interact with donor, communities and relevant stake holders regarding the project and represent Union Aid in various forums and to project Union Aid work in different geographic areas of Afghanistan.
- Participate in meetings and workshops.
- Develop a good liaison with staff members and ensure to work in close coordination with Executive Team at all level.
Market Linkages and Networking
- Make a meaningful effort to initiate network and liaise with other relevant agencies and stakeholders such as local NGOs, CBOs voluntary organizations, consultants, government authorities etc., to assure quality, to coordinate and to develop shared learning opportunities.
- Coordinate and develop networking with other NGOs/INGOs working in the project area to develop coordination among the stakeholders and to have better synergic impact on the beneficiaries.
- Coordinate and facilitate field visits of Union Aid’s management and national and international delegations from donor agencies, national and international NGOs etc.
- Support and coordinate for establishing linkages between communities and Government Line Agencies when required.
- Conduct labor market needs/program assessment survey.
- Prepare business plan as per project scope and interventions.
MIS & Record Keeping
- Facilitate, manage and utilize project MIS for the smooth implementation of the planned project interventions.
- Manage and monitor hard and soft record of all project beneficiaries.
- Prepare periodic inception, progress, narrative and statistical reports, presentations and case studies in relation to project activities for the management, donors and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide information, material, document and prepare reports as and when required by Union Aid.
Team Building & Management
- Manage the project staff i.e. Project officer, Community Mobilizers, Support Staff, etc.
- Provide support and guidance to the project team on program and operational issues.
- Evaluate the team member performances.
- Mentoring, team building and conflict resolution of team members.
- Make in liaison and ensure that organizational Policies and Procedures are practicing at Programme level.
- Also to support top management by ensuring that SOPs are practiced at organizational level.
Financial Management, Administration & Procurement
- Work effectively in coordination with the project team to identify and update asset delivery requirements of the work plan implementation and coordinate to generate a detail procurement plan with time line along with a detail distribution plan of items to be handed over to the project beneficiaries.
- Update quick books system, and other financial/accounting/procurement/logistics documents are retained and shared with UA-head office.
Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- Ensure that participatory approaches engaging women and men are incorporated into all aspects of integration programming at the community as well as at the household level.
- Ensure streamlining of gender and environment issues at project activities level.
- Ensure delivery of high quality outputs and products as planned and also ensure production of high quality progress reports, documents and other materials.
- Ensure the quality of the procured items are as per the UA procurement policy and procedures.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Union Aid with team members, filed staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary by Union Aid Top Management.
- Master degree in Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- 3-4 years’ experience in the management of several technical vocational education training projects at a regional or provincial levels.
- Strong management skills including ability to provide strategic guidance technical oversight mentor staff build strong teams develop work plans and manage budgets and project expenditures.
- Good multi-cultural and interpersonal skills will experience in networking with partners and actors at all levels (ministries partners NGOs and UN Agencies).
- Strong Written and Verbal communication skills required in English, Pashto and Dari Languages.
- Able to priorities clearly, oversee multiple tasks, set clear objectives for staff and delegate.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner. Team-player with good inter-personal skills.
- This is a field-based position and working and living conditions may be very different to that previously experienced.
- Please write the Job title/Vacancy Number on the subject line of your email.
- Aplications received after the closing date will not be considered
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED