- Post Date:October 18, 2022
- Views 62
- Career Level ManagerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Master’s DegreeSalary 99999 - 100000 AFN monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AD#AF 229/22Location Kabul
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan programme as well as capacity development in the country.
The Project Manager will be in charge of planning, designing, monitoring, technical support, implementation, financial management and overseeing of project activities and staff and will have direct supervision on the cycle of project management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Summary of the responsibilities;
1. Strategic and quality planning, development, and management of the project
2. Lead, manage and oversee the complete lifecycle of Project in 4 target districts.
3. Prepare interim and final project/handover reports, ensure monitoring of distribution process.
4. Ensure financial viability of the project, strategic partnerships and resource mobilization as well as compliance to the audit guidelines.
5. Manage the implementation of BRAC policies including an effective safeguarding policy
6. Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management Team.
Details of the responsibilities;
• Strategic and quality planning, development, and management of the project with adherence to the workplan
• Oversee the planning, quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the activities of the activities under the project through support supervision and conforming to the set guidelines. Such activities include;
• Supervise and monitor the delivery of relief packages to all 4 districts
• Ensure proper and transparent management of resources and establishment of reporting systems for the activities under the UNFPA project in accordance to the policy and procedures of the organization and donors.
• Take responsibility for overall progress and use of resources to ensure package are on time, on budget and on high quality.
• Attract, build and manage highly motivated, competent and result oriented staff and leaders for effective procurement, delivery and distribution of relief packages in the field.
• Monitor and report to Senior Management Team the project details, including progress, risks, and opportunities in a timely manner.
• Project Cycle Management and Reporting:
• Final responsibility for project quality control, according to data cleaning plan developed in coordination with the data and assessment teams.
• Oversight of and support with monitoring and evaluation of project implementation and impact in different communities through relief packages distributions
• Supervise and monitor project activities productivity and performance; investigate reasons for less than satisfactory performance if any.
• Develop substantial reports based on project needs and Brac International entreaties.
• Ensure financial viability of the project, strategic partnerships and resource mobilization as well as compliance to the audit guidelines.
• Ensure all technical inputs and cost estimates related to the procuring of relief packages are accurately rolled out.
• Lead and manage project budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met, and payment of contractors and personnel are received on time.
• Promote financial sustainability of the UNFPA project through effective budget administration and resource development.
• Ensure adequate systems are in place, followed and monitored, regarding the UNFPA project procurements, management and maintenance of project assets and inventories
• Ensure that the project complies with internal and external audit guidelines and reports
• Attract, build and manage highly motivated, competent and result oriented staff and leaders for effective delivery in the UNFPA project.
• Work with the human resource department in directing and managing staffing in the UNFPA project while focusing on supervising, appraising and developing individual capabilities appropriate to the present and future strategic and operational needs of the project
• Uphold, promote, follow and apply the vision, mission and core values of BRAC.
• Sensitize staff about their benefits, allowances, growth opportunities and lobby for more
• Manage and uphold the implementation of BRAC policies including an effective safeguarding policy
• Establish a safeguarding culture across all the levels of the project by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do so.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Management Team.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, emergency management, project management, Social science or related field.
- 7 years of relevant experience
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan, Haji Mir Ahmad Street, Baharistan, Karte parewan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
To apply please click on the below: https://www.jobs.af/jobs/project-manager-615
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job please contact to jobs.af technical team through WhatsApp 0773020100