- Post Date:September 14, 2022
- Views 61
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification CertificateSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 548/2022Location Herat
Care of Afghan Families (CAF) is a non-governmental, non-political, not-for-profit, and independent Afghan organization. The organization was established on January 2003 in Kabul and is registered with the Ministry of Economy. CAF is mainly involved in the field of Health, Nutrition, Community Development, Education and Research, & Women and Youth Empowerment.
For further information about CAF, please visit the website: www.caf.org.af
The overall scope of work for the Project Manager (PM) is to lead the project management team and ensure the smooth running of a community-based nutrition package based on the MoPH/
- Strengthening Receive the Community Based Nutrition Package Based, train community health workers, and community members.
- Strengthening the work of the CHSs Community Health Supervisors ND guideline project in Kapitsa province in line with the MHNT / CBHC community-based health care standards and work plan of the project. Receive the Community Based Nutrition Package Based and train the others.
- Strengthening Training Community Based Nutrition Package Based on MoPH guideline.
- Strengthening Transfer of the Knowledge, Practice, and lessons MHNT to the Community health workers, male and female community members.
- Strengthening facilitation, the campaign of Iron folic acid, and Micronutrients to target groups.
- Strengthening promote the 1st 1000 days of live messages to communities
- Be a bridge between the ministry of health and the community
- Strengthening Develop Spirit of cooperation and understanding among members of the community health workers, and communities
II-Specific Job Responsibilities:
Governance of MHNT COMMUNITY-BASED NUTRITION MANAGER Project:
- Ensure overall management of the project in line with the agreed work plan and output and outcome indicators, Strengthening coordination with PPHD, MHNT COMMUNITY BASED NUTRITION MANAGER implementers, community influencers, and other stakeholders.
- Leading, coaching, and mentoring the Master trainer’s project management team.
Provision of MHNT in Herat Province:
Ensure provisions of services are in line with MHNT COMMUNITY-BASED NUTRITION MANAGER, MHNT /CAF policies, and MoPH Policies.
Strengthening the transfer of the knowledge, practice, and community-based nutrition package system: Transfer of the Knowledge, Practice, lessons MHNT to the Community health workers, male and female community members.
Quality of MHNT COMMUNITY-BASED NUTRITION MANAGER Services including Infection prevention and waste management system: Application of Standard Based Management (SBM), quality assurance (QA), and Total Quality Management (TQM) to improve quality of patient care at the HFs.
Providing support to the provincial office technical team and project staff
Ensure regular analysis of HMIS indicators target, provide feedback, make an action plan, and follow up on monthly bases.
Conducting management training to build staff capacity
Supervision and Monitoring:
- Support the project management team in adopting a supportive supervision approach in MHNT COMMUNITY-BASED NUTRITION PACKAGE.
- Monitoring the quality of supervision and monitoring of health POSTS by the project team & MASTER TRAINERS.
- Conducting monitoring of health facilities together with the project team on a random basis.
- Conduct joint monitoring visits from VILLAGES WHERE MHNT IS IMPLEMENTING, HPs with PPHD, COMMUNITY MEMBERS, and MoPH team
- Follow up on monitoring action plan of external monitors including the UNICEF, Ph.D., and MoPH.
- Leading the field data collection in the household survey.
- Providing Supervision and Monitoring feedback to MASTER TRAINERS
Human Resource Management and Development: Ensure availability of required staff master trainers according to the MHNT COMMUNITY-BASED NUTRITION MANAGER requirement, ensure regular capacity building of the staff, manage human resource development plan for staff, and conduct regular performance appraisal of staff.
Financial Management: ensure all expenses of the project are in line with the original action plan, phased budget, and comply with CAF financial policy.
Logistic management: Ensure all project-related procurement are in line with the phased budget and procurement procedure of CAF. Furthermore, ensure proper asset management of the project.
Recording and Reporting: Ensure all the activities under this scope of work mentioned are properly documented, being available data are used for further improvement of health services and management. Furthermore, the following reports are required to be, drafted and submitted:
- Monthly: Technical, Financial, and human resource report on a monthly basis.
- Quarterly: Technical and Financial report of project based on MoPH standard format.
- Annually: Technical and Financial report of project based on standard format
- End of Project: Technical and Financial report of project based on a standard format.
Note: The project Proposal is the supplement to this document for further description and guidance. Moreover, CAF management in Kabul is ready to extend all possible technical support. In case of need make a necessary request for support.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Medical Doctor and having MPH is compulsory.
- Having nutrition knowledge and experiences
- Fluent in English and national languages.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Having proper leadership skills
- Travel to the different districts, and villages of Herat province
- At least 5 years’ experience in the relevant position.
- Excellent knowledge of English and local language (verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive approach to solving issues.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to create a supportive working relationship with all project teams
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on Microsoft Office, Excel, World
- CV along with cover letter head should be sent to:
- HQ Office Address: House # 2194, Street # 07th Qala-E-Fatullah Khan-Kabul Afghanistan
- Email: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for Interviews.
Note: Due to the requirement of the position whenever we found a qualified candidate according to the announcement we will do the process of recruitment before the due date.
براساس نیازمندی پست اعلان شده هرزمانیکه بتوانیم شخص مورد نظررامطابق اعلان دریابیم پروسه استخدام آن قبل ازختم اعلان صورت خواهد گرفت.