- Post Date:September 14, 2022
- Views 26
- Career Level ManagerExperience 6 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number HRM 117Location Nangarhar
AWEC is a non-political, non-profit, woman-headed national organization established in 1991 by a group of educated Afghan women in exile, who rallied together to address the lack of facilities for Afghan refugees in Islamabad and eventually Peshawar, in Pakistan. AWEC has always been involved in advocacy and awareness-raising for women and children’s rights while providing services to those who frequently fall through safety nets. In recent years, one of AWEC’s core activities has been to support women through mobilizing Afghans, from local communities to political elites, towards the goal of reducing and eventually eliminating violence against women.
Our vision in AWEC is “an inclusive and just society with sensitized and responsive public and private sector, where all women and children have access to opportunities to improve their quality of life in order to realize their full potential”.
Project Manager is a senior position based in Nangarhar provinces that oversee AWEC`s project for Nuristan and Laghman provinces. He/She serve as a point of contact for all matters related to project management, including implementation of project activities, supervision, monitoring and coordination of project activities, managing project budget, care and support to project staff, representation and coordination with local authorities, and local project stakeholder, partners.
He/She is responsible for developing appropriate policies, procedures, and guidelines to maintain the highest project implementation standards. They are well versed in planning and organizing training/orientation, workshops, staff development, and capacity-building activities.
He/She supervises Project Offices in the Nuristan and Laghman provinces, facilitates the communication between Project Offices and Kabul Office, and stays abreast with new trends and best practices in programs within the country.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing the project activities and ensuring project objectives are met with the highest standards and best practices.
- Coordination, communication, and meeting with relevant stakeholders, communities’ representatives, local authorities, and reporting.
- Strengthen case management and referral systems, work with teams and communities to develop appropriate prevention and awareness-raising/behavior change strategies.
- Coordinate with local and international NGOs, UN agencies, Local Authorities, and other stakeholders to ensure holistic support to survivors.
- Develop work plans in line with financial pipelines, work with financial and logistics to plan and procure supplies within program budget procedure, donor requirement, and government guidelines.
- Supervise, support, and guide project staff in all locations, including building staff capacity through training and mentoring.
- Develop biweekly, quarterly, semiannual plan reports, review progress regularly.
- Ensure compliance with security protocol and policies, local understanding culture, norms, and sensitivities.
- Perform any other duties as required
- Bachelor level education in the social sciences, public health, international development, master’s education will be preferred.
Experience & Skills:
- At least 5-7 years of experience in the GBV field and working with UN and INGO with a track record of professional experience.
- Demonstrated interest, enthusiasm, and commitment to working with women and girls, their rights, safety, empowerment, and improving their access to resources and services, with a positive attitude and ability to lead and work well in a team.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, implementing, monitoring, and coordinating projects and working collaboratively across internal and external teams.
- Ability to discuss sensitive issues with respect, empathy, professionalism, knowledge, and experience with community outreach and mobilization, data collection, narrative and statistical reporting.
- Superior communication skills (oral & written) in Dari / Pashto / English speaking, understanding, and writing is a must for the position
- Flexible and goal-oriented to complete the assigned task. Experience in managing the overall project with minimum supervision.
- Must be highly professional, honest, collaborative, hardworking, and well-mannered.
- Willing to travel to project sites as required by the program
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with their CVs to the attention of following address [email protected]
Kindly mention vacancy number and position title in your email’s subject line, otherwise you won’t be shortlisted. All shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for test/Interview.
“Being committed to diversity & equal employment opportunity we highly encourage females & people living with disabilities to apply, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, language, religious sect.”