- Post Date:December 5, 2022
- Views 22
- Career Level OfficerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IRW-231-2022Location Bamyan
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the strategy, design, monitoring, and quality delivery of the humanitarian aid projects for IRW in Bamyan province. He/she shall ensure that the Program plans are in place and kept updated as per the objectives of the Country Strategic Plan; and that Program interventions and projects are implemented in line with the overall country Program. The position also manages/oversees the Program growth and manages Project Team across all field offices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
a) Program strategy and Planning (10%)
1. Planning and implementation of the Humanitarian aid project
2. Managing project staff performance
3. Networking with government departments and relevant clusters at the provincial level
4. Managing project budget
5. Project monitoring,
6. Project Reporting
7. Project staff capacity building
8. Capturing and disseminating lessons learnt and best practices from the project
9. Provide leadership in the review/updating of IRW’s humanitarian policy, in line with Global Strategy, Country Strategy and Annual Business Plans.
10. Provide leadership in developing/updating IRW’s specific humanitarian Program guidelines/policies
11. Promote understanding and ensure the appropriate use of and adherence to global and National Standards relating to the program
12. Provide leadership in undertaking of Needs assessment in line with priorities of the program and community needs.
b) Program development & Resource Acquisition (25%)
1. Provide leadership in identification of potential funding sources/donors and plan for engagement meetings
2. In coordination with Program Management Unit and Communication & MEAL Unit, develop/update capacity statements and other program marketing Materials.
3. Lead the funding diversification that supports core interventions and projects for the program across geographical spread
4. Lead in the preparation of concept notes and proposals development (as necessary) for the program and contribute the program’s growth.
5. To initiate innovative sustainable projects around emerging thematic issues in line with the funding trends.
c) Program Implementation & Management (25%)
1. Provide technical advice on best practices and approaches to the program delivery
2. Provide leadership in projects/programs set-ups/initiation, including development and adoption of precise Implementation tools,
3. To work with the field implementation team and partners to ensure projects are implemented on time in a sustainable way and achieve the envisaged change.
4. Provide regular technical support/supervision during program/projects Delivery processes
5. Support program/Project reviews – drawing key recommendations, lessons, best practices, technical advances etc.
d) Program Monitoring, evaluation, Accountability, Reporting & learning (15%)
1. Lead the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluations plans of projects in line with the Donor & IRW’ Strategy and internal standards and support measuring of program and project performances.
2. Ensure that rights holders have access to feedback mechanisms and that data is monitored and responses given within appropriate time periods.
3. Prepare and submit Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annual, and Annual program reports to the Head of Program, Area Manager, Humanitarian Program Coordinator, MEAL and donors as delegated
4. Provide leadership in documentation and dissemination of best practices and learnings from program works
5. Provide leadership in the adoption, application and implementation of program Standards, Including Core Humanitarian Standard and Safeguarding Standard and policies
e) Capacity Building & team management (5%)
1. To lead, direct and motivate direct reports
2. To ensure effective orientation of new project staff on proper project implementation and follow ups.
3. Identify the needs and organize trainings to develop the capacity of IRW staff and partners to increase their competence in program/projects delivery
4. To ensure staff appraisals including probation reports, development of clear KPIs by all the staff.
f) Networking and Partnership Development (10%)
1. Active participation and engagement in and with donors (institutional, UN & IPs) meeting, briefing session, Funding Information Sessions.
2. Establish and sustain effective relationship with the Government (National & Counties) and other NGOs for coordination, compliance with regulations & policies.
3. Represent IRW at all relevant technical forums, Clusters, Workshops and Meetings and contribute to technical interactions and discussions on the same.
g) Coordination and collaboration with Support Services Team (5%)
1. Jointly work with procurement unit to generate/update precise project procurement Plans at inception and follow its (Plan) implementation.
2. Work with procurement unit and Committee to support and provide required technical support during procurement processes of the project activities and interventions relation to the program
3. Work with Finance Unit on project budgets planning, Budget Monitoring/Controls, Risk mapping, and reporting, Audits (Internal & external), related financial accounting.
4. Work with HR Unit to Assess the human resources requirements for the Program, skills expected of staff at different levels in hierarchy and assist the Human Resource department in Program staff Management and development
5. Work with Communication Unit to provide and generate high quality program communication materials including documentation of program works.
Education and Experience: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Science, or any other relevant field, the PMP Certified will be highly preferred
A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ professional experience in Humanitarian aid to vulnerable population projects in humanitarian contexts, having experience in implementation of AHF projects will highly be preferred
· Humanitarian Knowledge
· Work experience in humanitarian assistance projects.
· Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
· Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel).
· Understanding of protection in humanitarian context.
· Proven experience in managing and/or technically supporting Humanitarian projects
· Prior experience and excellent understanding of working in emergency settings or insecure environments
· Strong Organizational, Coordination, supervisory, and problem-solving skills, and proven ability to work in shelter project management.
· Strong leadership, supervision, management, project planning, monitoring and evaluation, analytical interpersonal, and communication skills
· Strong budget management and reporting, skills; and an ability to oversee multiple awards from a variety of donors
· Strong written and oral communication skills, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, and effective in representation
· Able to respond rapidly to changing environments and work under pressure
· Fluency in English required; knowledge of Dari and Pashtu preferred
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Strong organizational and diplomacy skills.
· Effective IT skills including word processing and spreadsheet.
· Good interpersonal skills with ability to travel field based on need.
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following:
The closing date for accepting applications is 11 Dec 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.