- Post Date:November 7, 2022
- Views 46
- Career Level ManagerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number VA-2022-131Location Daikondi Ghowr
Afghanaid is a British humanitarian and development organisation operating in Afghanistan. For close to forty years we have worked with millions of deprived, excluded and vulnerable families in some of the poorest and most remote communities in Afghanistan. We build basic services, improve livelihoods, strengthen the rights of women and children, help communities protect against natural disasters and adapt to climate change, and respond to humanitarian emergencies.
Our community-led approach gives ordinary Afghans a voice in their own development, making them active participants in shaping the future of their country. With our years of experience, our majority Afghan team, and our deep understanding of local, cultural and ethnic issues, we have earned great trust and respect among the communities we work alongside. This has allowed us to gain access to some of the most underserved areas of the country.
Under the direct technical supervision of project Manager, the project coordinator will be accomplishing the following key responsibilities:
Management and supervision
- Advise and assist the Project Manager in planning, implementing and further developing the project components to ensure that they are technically sound, cost-effective and relevant to the target beneficiaries’ needs.
- Keep the Project Manager and relevant staff informed of any significant changes / opportunities in the local environment, problems and quality of the work.
- Develop quarterly and monthly work plans and budget planning in all the project components with support and guidance from the Project Manager and in close cooperation with the Project Coordinator from the other province.
- Prepare quarterly and monthly procurement plans and provide technical assistance to the Operations team in procurement processes and quality control of the project materials.
- Coordinate all project activities with relevant stakeholders, including project participants, their household members, communities outside of the project, Community Development Council representatives, religious leaders, governmental departments, NGOs and other national and international institutions and make sure the implementation is in compliance with the national, organisational and donor’s regulations and policies.
- Actively participate in sectorial meetings of government departments and meetings of other relevant stakeholders in consultation with the Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager in responding to enquiries of a technical nature from field staff, the government, donors and other stakeholders.
- Translation of documents from and to Dari.
- Represent Afghanaid in district and provincial level if required
- Participate in the recruitment and technical appraisal of all relevant staff.
- Continually assess the quality of work and technical competence of all relevant field staff and ensure that capacity building needs are met through training, on-the-job coaching or other methods, as appropriate.
- Regular visits to all project sites to assess the performance of staff and quality of project implementation, and provide information, encouragement and technical support as required.
- Develop capacity building plans and conduct trainings for field staff if necessary.
- Provide logistical and technical support to external consultants and visitors monitoring the project.
- Facilitate and actively participate in experience sharing workshops and staff meetings at the provincial and national level.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Provide support, collect and consolidate monthly reports from the team and submit monthly progress reports to the Project Manager.
- Support the Project Manager and the M&E Officer in preparing quarterly and annual project reports.
- Work closely with the M&E Officer and the team to document and share case studies, success stories and field visit reports as and when required.
- Assist the project M&E Officer in monitoring the project activities.
- Carry out joint monitoring of technical aspects of the project with the representatives of different stakeholder groups and ensure field visits can happen on a regular basis.
Any other duties as and when assigned by the line manager, MD and/or Directorate.
Education & Professional Qualification
Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline (Development, Social Science, Governance, Agriculture and other relevant fields).
At least 3 years’ demonstrable experience in areas of community development.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable project coordinator with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
Key Skills and Competencies
- Highly developed reporting, budget monitoring, and management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of community development and social mobilisation.
- Proven management ability and strong interpersonal skills – team player.
- Problem solving and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in the most common computer software including word processing, and excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to deal with difficult, often frustrating work situations.
- A willingness to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly dangerous locations.
- Gender sensitivity.
- Sensitivity to Islamic culture.
- Commitment to support/develop the capacity of the national staff and of rural communities.
- Personal integrity and a sense of humour.
- Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in personal workload.
- Knowledge of exit strategies and sustainability issues.
- Good skill of computer and internet
- Fluent in English
Please submit your application by filling the Afghanaid standard job application form and email a completed application form, covering letter and your CV, by no later than Saturday 13th November 2022 to [email protected] ; including your name, vacancy number and the job title in the subject line. Your covering letter should be no more than 1 standard A4 page in length and explain how you meet the essential and desirable position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates. Application with no proper subject (requested above), without the application form or submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the deadline, then you have not been successful for shortlisting.
Please note that applying without filling the standard job application form will result in disqualifying the applications to review for shortlisting.
Link for the Afghanaid Standard Job Application form: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1vLmMCTTa7peZ-8Odm-L4xm_5ULr6nvRG