- Post Date:November 1, 2022
- Views 43
- Career Level ManagerExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- Industry ConstructionQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IRW-HRT-008-2022Location Herat
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
Oversee the quality implementation of emergency AHF funded health project and work under the supervision of the Health and Nutrition Program Coordinator to ensure the IRW’s Covid-19 response activities are implemented on time, assuring high quality following professional best practice and IRW approaches, policies, and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare project work plans under the supervision of the Head of operation in close coordination with Field Coordinator.
- Field visits for the supervision of the project activities and on the job training of the project staff in the targeted provinces.
- Update the HC on weekly progress on the project progress, budget utilization, and control.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the various project sites as possible, ensuring that projects utilize standardized protocols, policies, and guidelines, as outlined by the Ministry of Public Health and WHO. Identify technical quality and other implementation issues and provide solutions and follow-up to ensure projects are on track to meet goals and are consistent with established best practices.
- Represent IRW at key coordination forums such as Health Cluster, RCCE working group MoPH meetings, and others.
- Ensure that the health project is implemented in line with the IRW’s values and principles: IKhlas (sincerity), Ihsan (excellence), Rahma (compassion), Adl (social justice) and Amana (custodianship).
- Promote the culture of learning and documentation so that lessons learned, and ethical practices are documented and shared for institutional memory and learning. Ensure that field experiences are recorded and used to advocate on behalf of the communities.
- Assess unmet needs in the health sector with a particular focus on Covid-19 response and make recommendations for how IRW can better address identified unmet needs, contributing to the IRW’s strategy.
- Work closely with other IRW programs present in the same location, such as Nutrition, Livelihood, and RRM, and integrate program components to the extent possible.
- Work with finance to provide accurate and timely spending plans, cash forecasts, and salary allocations.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors
- Conduct monthly program data analysis with Project staff to discuss progress on AHF grant indicators, disease trends, define action points for how to stay on track with grant requirements, and follow up with those points
- Work closely with the M&E team to produce and analyze all weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports and ensure timely submission of all such statements.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRW management and liaising with other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment.
- As assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRW programs.
- Provide a thorough and robust handover at the end of the deployment
- Medical doctor
- Prefer master’s in public health
- 4-5 years’ experience preferably with an INGO on managing emergency health care projects. The candidate should be familiar with the dynamics and geographical aspects of the Herat province
Submission Guidelines: Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following:
The closing date for accepting applications is 07 November 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.