- Post Date:December 17, 2022
- Views 29
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification CertificateSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IRW-BLK-019-2022Location Balkh
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non-profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its headquarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. It is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued assisting in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
Under the direct supervision of the Area Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible to leads, implement and manage the project in effective and efficient way.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare project work plan, ensuring the day-to-day management of the project activities and preparation of project budget review.
- Collection and compilation of relevant background data and information about the project’s subjects, and compilation of reference and training materials.
- Monitoring project implementation systematically through discussions and correspondence with supervisor as well as several field visits, analysis of regular project progress reports and participation in evaluations of project impacts on provision of life saving health services to IDPs, Returnees and Host Communities in Balkh, Samangan, Faryab and Sar-e Pol Provinces.
- Promotion and strengthening of collaborative initiatives between donor and relevant sub cluster about the project’s activities and collaborations.
- Participation and representation of IRW in meetings of the concerned sub cluster on field and country office level.
- Arrangement of programs for visiting experts, missions, and donor representatives to the sites of project activities.
- Organization and participation in review meetings, donor meetings and provide orientation about the project to local communities and elders and other stakeholders.
- Elaboration of monthly and terminal as well as ad-hoc status and project progress reports of the project activities.
- Maintenance of up-to-date records, files and documentations.
- Facilitation of the final external independent evaluation mission of the project.
- Performance of any other duties as required by management.
- MD graduated from Recognized Medical University, Specialization in Public Health/Medicine preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience of health projects managing & implementation.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and excellent knowledge of both Afghan official languages (Pashto and Dari) are required.
- Efficiently communicate, both orally and written and successfully and productively resolve problems.
- Successfully manage time, plans, projects and other related tasks and able to adequately function in a high expectancy and demand position.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office application
- Planning, organizing and decision-making influencing and leading delegation, team work, conflict management, adaptability, stress tolerance, Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to think strategically.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Flexible and patient approach
- Sensitive to cultural differences
- Sympathetic towards the vision, mission and values of Islamic Relief
This position is based in Balkh, with frequent travels to northern provinces
nterested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV by clicking (Apply Now) option at the top, right corner of this page.
The closing date for accepting applications is 18 Dec 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position in your job application.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Note: The interview will be on rolling basis due to the urgent need of the position the interview may take place before the closing date of the post/s.