Project Analyst PVE (NPSA8)
- Post Date:August 25, 2022
- Views 80
- Experience 2 YearsGender BothIndustry Development
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of OpportunitiesLocation Manila, Philippines
Under the EU-supported Project “Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE) through Promoting Tolerance and Respect for Diversity in South East Asia Phase II,” and in partnership with UNOCT/UNCCT, UNDP has. been providing on demand technical assistance to support national authorities to integrate a development approach and gender perspective into the preparation and implementation of National Action Plans on PVE. Building on the project infrastructure, partnerships and good relations developed under the Phase I of the project, UNDP has supported Governments to mobilize the “whole of society” approach necessary to the national PCVE effort and prepare Sub-National Action Plans as required. Further to its adoption by ASEAN in November 2019, UNOCT/UNCCT has been supporting the implementation of key activities relating to knowledge exchange, crisis communications, and regional coordination. UN
UNDP has also commissioned research to support evidence-based programming under the NAP PCVEs. It is currently in the process of establishing a regional network of national observatories for data and trend analysis in regard to civic discourse, produce strategic communication tools such as the Extreme Lives video series, as well as capacitating and building a network of community PVE practitioners to work at all levels. Country-specific interventions now seek to build the cultural resilience of communities to extremism, enhance civic voice and engagement, directly challenging the spectrum of narrative content – from fake news to hate speech to the propaganda of violent groups – by which extremism gains currency and begins to contest democratic authority and values for ideological legitimacy or physical control.
As such, UNDP is seeking a Project Analyst who will support the Project Manager in managing the day-to-day operations of the Project on preventing violent extremism . The Project Analyst is tasked to assist in the design and implementation of project activities, while ensuring high quality, accuracy, and consistency of work. The Project Analyst is expected to report daily to the Project Manager. The position holder also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, tact, and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Moreover, the Project Analyst works in close collaboration with the UNDP Peace Programme Team, as well as with other UN Agencies, government officials, technical advisors and experts, multilateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society to successfully implement the activities.
- Ensures administration and implementation of Project activities: Work with the Project Team in the identification, preparation, implementation, review and adjustments in the overall project implementation strategies, Annual Work and Financial Plans, Monitoring and Evaluation Plans, and Communications Plans; Participates in the analysis and summarization of proposals on the assigned thematic areas; Presentation of information / reports for identification of areas for support and interventions; Supports the implementation of the CO partnerships and resource mobilization strategies, and in the preparation of various reports
- Provides effective support and contributes to the efficient management of the Project: Presentation of thoroughly researched information for formulation of country programme; preparation of project document drafts, work plans, budgets, low-value agreements, proposals on implementing arrangements; Initiation of a project, contribute to presentation of the project to the PAC, entering project into ATLAS, UN ALL, or Quantum, finalization of contribution agreements, preparation of required budget revisions, and closure of projects through review; Participation in Local Project Appraisal Committee (LCAP) and Contracts, Assets and Procurement Committee (CAP); Analyses and submits procurement processes to CAP; Provision of guidance to executing agencies on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources; Follow-up on performance indicators / success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports; Contribution to operational and substantive analysis of project financial resources, identification of operational and financial problems and development of solutions
- Manages the provision of administrative support to the project: Guidance in the elaboration of proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of financial reports; Guidance in the maintenance of the internal expenditures control system, which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed; transactions are correctly recorded and posted in ATLAS, UNALL or Quantum; Timely monitoring and execution of corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions and unapproved vouchers
- Contributes to the creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of resource mobilization: Assist the Project Manager in Managing Partnerships toward the effective, efficient and timely implementation of project activities; Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile and database, establishment of contacts with donor counterparts; Tracking and reporting on mobilized resources; Liaison with donor and partner counterparts on the implementation of common initiatives and projects
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results: Organization and facilitation of trainings for the programme / project personnel; Synthesis of Lessons Learnt and Best Practices from the Project’s implementation; Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others, and support their learning
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
- UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
- EU Partnerships: Knowledge and understanding of EU strategies, approached, processes and systems
- CSO engagement: Knowledge and understanding of CSOs and the ability to engage with CSOs
Administration & Operations
- Events management (including retreats, trainings, and meetings) : Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc.
- Audit (General): Understands how regulations and professional standards in internal and external audit underpin audit work in the public services. Understands the key stages of audit work, including planning, documentation, testing and reporting. Ability to examine and verify accounts and records. Understands wider mechanisms for assurance and scrutiny. Understands the law and best practice relating to anti-bribery and corruption controls and the fraud risks faced by public bodies.
- Budget management: Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets
- Audit risk management: Ability to address audit issues raised in the course of an audit and propose solutions in order to ensure a true and fair audit opinion is achieved
- Master’s degree in social sciences, including International Development, Community Development, Project Management, Peace and Conflict Studies or other related field. Or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with 2 years of experience in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 2 years of work experience in project management and coordination, preferably in peacebuilding and conflict prevention.
- Proven experience of effective partnership development with national counterparts, development partners and civil society is required
- Familiarity with the Bangsamoro issues, the peace processes and the normalization process is required
- Proficiency in standard software applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc. is required
- Relevant work experience in sustainable area development, community transition and peacebuilding at the level of communities is an advantage.
- Work experience in Women, Peace and Security, Normalization, and Preventing / Countering Violent Extremism in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao will be preferred
- Previous experience in International Organizations, such as USAID, UNDP is an advantage, especially knowledge about Business Processes.
- Proven experience of working with the key stakeholders of the peace processes in the BARMM is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills. Fluency in Pilipino
Note: This position is open for Philippines nationals only