- Post Date:January 8, 2023
- Views 29
- Experience 3 YearsGender BothIndustry Development
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of OpportunitiesLocation Bangkok, Thailand
- Language English | Thai
UNDP is the UN’s global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP is on the ground in about 170 countries and territories, working with national counterparts on solutions to global and national development challenges.
In Thailand, UNDP partners with the host government, civil society including the business community, the United Nations system, the development partners and other development actors to help the country achieve sustainable development including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by eradicating poverty in all its forms and dimensions, accelerating structural transformations for sustainable development and building resilience to crises and shock.
UNDP Thailand Country Office (CO) is reorganizing internally and moving towards an integrated collaborative business model. Internally, an energetic and innovative team will converge around the planning, design, implementation and quality assurance of an integrated programme in a fast-paced environment. Fostering strategic partnership and alliances with different stakeholders will require a team which consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude and has a strong client orientation. In this context, UNDP Thailand is seeking for a Programme Associate who will ensure effective delivery of the CO programme by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Under the supervision of the Integrated Team Leader, the Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNDP HQs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
1. Supports formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Country Programme Document
- Collection, analysis and presentation of background information for preparation of Common Country Assessment, UNSCDF (United Nations Sustainable Cooperation Development Framework), CPD, effective application of RBM (Results Based Management) tools.
- Presentation of background information for formulation of country programme, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Support the CO in the preparation of the Integrated Work Plan and relevant reporting (e.g. ROAR – Results Oriented Annual Reporting).
2. Provides effective support to management of the CO programme
- Creation of a project in Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Provision of guidance to Implementing Partners and Responsible Parties on routine implementation of projects.
- Presentation of information for HACT (Harmonised Approach to Cash Transfers) audit of NIM (Nationally Implemented) projects, supports implementation of audit recommendations.
3. Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Review of HACT FACE Form submission; preparation of the request and submit to GSSU for both purchase Order [PO] and non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Monitor and update HACT Assurance Plan.
- Assistance to NIM projects in application of RBM tools/methodology under supervision of the Integrated Team Leader.
- Support to Integrated Team Leader in project formulation, day-to-day project management, project monitoring and evaluation.
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, and unapproved vouchers.
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development projects.
- Create project budget and budget revision in Atlas. Making budget check for requisitions.
- Close coordination with Transactional Service Team in the Bangkok Regional Hub on transactional issues.
- Review and/or prepare project financial reports.
4. Supports resource mobilization
- Analysis of information on donors, and preparation of donor’s profile.
- Upload duly signed a financial agreement in Oracle X.
- Support development of new pipeline projects (e.g. preparation of budget and other required documents.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO
- Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on the programme.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Expected Demonstration of Competencies
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is a pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open-minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, be aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Business Management: Operations Management: Ability to effectively plan, organize, and oversee the Organization’s business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner and knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms
Business Management: Project management: Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
Business direction & strategy: Effective Decision Making: Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources
Administration and Operations: Reviewing and Reporting: Ability to review and edit documents, ability to produce meeting reports identifying key actions
Business Development: Knowledge Generation: Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
Business Management: Risk Management: Ability to identify and organize action around mitigating and proactively managing risks
Finance: Financial Reporting and Analysis: Understands changes in regulatory, legal and ethical frameworks and standards for financial reporting in the public sector. Ability to extract, evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful and coherent manner to facilitate effective decision-making and performance monitoring. Understands the benefits of integrated reporting, including non-financial resources such as human, social and intellectual capital, and environmental and governance performance
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Certification in programme/ project management (e.g. Managing Successful Programme, Project Management Professional, PRINCE 2, etc.) would be an advantage.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level. For candidates with an accredited Bachelor’s degree, the minimum experience is reduced to 3 years.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Language requirements: Fluency in English and Thai.