Program Performance and Quality Senior Specialist
- Post Date:September 4, 2022
- Views 49
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry DevelopmentQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number HRM/KMO 110 -22Location Kabul
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA):
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods, and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is slightly over 7,386. During the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with a particular focus on women, girls, boys, and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
SCA’s mandate is to facilitate sustainable development for poor and vulnerable communities in remote and underserved rural areas. This mandate necessitates that the programs are performing well, are of high quality, are decentralized, and are accountable to affected populations where the Regional Management Offices (RMOs) assume greater responsibilities related to program execution. The Program Performance and Quality Senior Specialist’s key role is to participate in the program development processes and provide support to the programs to build an environment of evidence-based programming and adaptive management by applying program performance measures through effective monitoring, learning, and evaluation processes and program quality standards throughout the program cycle.
SUPPORT PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- Support heads of programs and crosscutting units, heads of RMOs, project managers, and capacity development method unit (CDMU) managers on the interpretation and adoption of the SCA Strategic Plan.
- Steer discussions for mainstreaming climate change and the environment with Programs and RMOs.
- Contribute to further developing SCA’s Rights-Based Approach and strategies for interlinking humanitarian, development, and peacebuilding efforts (the Triple Nexus or Humanitarian Plus).
- Participate with the program departments in the design of cost-effective, innovative, and high-quality programs, ensuring relevance to stakeholders and SCA strategy.
- Support annual planning exercises to ensure programs/projects activities are aligned with SCA’s mission, vision, values, development goals, and Strategic Plan.
- Contribute to the program proposals, concept notes, and budget development processes, following organization best practices and donor compliance, in coordination with SCA’s technical, finance, and operational staff.
- Work with the monitoring and evaluation team in the development of logic models and theory of changes based on systematic needs assessments.
- Assist the Programs Director/Deputy Country Director in effectively conducting reviews of programs reports and submitting all donor and internal reports.
- Support operational and financial analysis processes for proper utilization of internal resources and identify implementation and funding gaps in the strategic period to further ensure that program delivery and proposal development are mutually reinforcing.
- Collaborate with communications and advocacy teams to address development and humanitarian issues and leverage the interests of SCA target groups and communities.
- Work with the SCA’s monitoring and evaluation team to make sure that the programs utilize the necessary monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems and tools, to inform and improve each individual program.
- Support the development and/or revision of monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems and tools across the programs to leverage existing resources and provide comparable data.
- Work with the SCA’s grants management team in the implementation of the periodic program reviews i.e., budget vs. actual analyses, monthly Budget Follow Ups, Quarterly Review Meetings, final internal performance reviews, etc.
- Deliver/organize training for embedding best practices of project/program governance, management, and risk mitigation, and ensure harmonization of practices across coverage areas.
- Strengthen SCA’s Results-Based Management practices by supporting teams to align processes of assessing situations, envisioning change, planning actions, adapting simultaneously, and reviewing actions.
RESEARCH AND LEARNING
- Work with the SCA’s programs in the conceptualization of learning agenda (i.e., research and evaluation) at the KMO and RMOs levels
- Support the SCA’s programs crosscutting units within the Programs Department in designing and conducting research studies and evaluations including baseline studies or mid-term and final evaluations, needs assessments, gender assessments, market assessments, etc.
- Support the SCA’s monitoring and evaluation team in the development and implementation of strategies for the consistent consolidation and use of lessons learned to improve program performance.
- Facilitate the publication of the research studies or evaluations from SCA in the national and international journals for knowledge sharing
- Serve as a focal point for generating analysis, strategies, and learning processes among program specialists.
PROGRAMME QUALITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- Develop and roll out the program performance minimum required standards
- Build the capacity of the programs on the adaptation and implementation of the program performance minimum required standards
- Follow up on the programmer’s compliance with the program performance minimum required standards
- Support the development and rollout of an appropriate mechanism for ensuring accountability to SCA target groups and key stakeholders
- Facilitate the development of tools and strategies for the implementation of accountability mechanism
- Coordinate the accountability mechanism with programs teams at the KMO and RMOs levels
- Support the preparation of data analytics and reporting
- Academic degree, or equivalent, in a relevant professional field such as Development Studies, Social Sciences, Political Science, International Relations or Management, or Public Health.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant work experience within international development NGOs, UN agencies, or similar with a focus on program/strategy development, knowledge management, and leadership
- Proven leadership and expertise in project and program management, results-based and knowledge management, and rights-based approach to development
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and think and plan strategically
- Knowledge of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning practices and how these can be applied to the monitoring and evaluation of feedback mechanisms.
- Experience of Proficiency with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with data analytics software such as Stata, SPSS, Power-BI, or Kobo Toolbox
- Experience in supporting approaches for enhanced transparency and accountability
- Proven advisory and training skills, with the ability to support and mentor colleagues and provide/receive constructive feedback
- Skilled in building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships at a senior level both internally and externally
- Ability to work well in unstable security environments
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites within Afghanistan
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV through APPLY below link.
- Academic certificates or references need not be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline are not accepted.
- SCA is committed to ethical standards and a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
- Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.