- Post Date:October 23, 2022
- Views 55
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IR-KDR-004Location Kandahar
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non-profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its headquarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. It is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued assisting in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
· The Program Officer is responsible for supervising effective Health and Nutrition services, including support to the project coordinator and field teams in Nangarhar and Balkh provinces to implement the lifesaving health services project in these provinces.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensure – through clear weekly and monthly work plans – lifesaving health services, field assessments, community-based activities, especially health and nutrition services are carried out in a timely, effective and technically sound manner.
· Supervise and facilitate smooth health services delivery through mobile health teams are provided to all those in needs to the IDPs, returnees and host communities with health concerns.
· Support the collection of information/data about PSS needs of the community, vulnerability to communicable and non-communicable illness.
· Work collaboratively with other program and technical staff to ensure necessary program planning development and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
· Assist Senior Management Team with development of work plans reporting and monitoring and evaluation.
· Work collaboratively with staff to ensure that resources for effective and timely program implementation are available.
· Coordinate with partners as needed and set up/execute ongoing coordination mechanisms under the leadership of the Programme, IR Afghanistan.
· Participate in and lead as needed monitoring and evaluation of activities for cities.
· Oversee technical assistance needed to execute project work plans activities and help fulfil any gaps identified.
· Ensure timely accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the IR Afghanistan donor and other stakeholders.
· Contribute to proposal management design writing and editing and project reporting.
· Participate in the review of technical and programmatic portions of documents
· Contribute to the development of novel knowledge management and sharing tools and processes
· Prepare and submit activity plans and reports to the project and health coordinator on agreed schedules.
· Provide verbal and written feedback to supervisor on progress, lesson learnt, achievements and gaps, issues and problems.
· Keep a database of the number of beneficiaries per activity in each location,
· Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager;
Holding a MD degree from a well reputed medical university, Masters in Public Health will be given preference.
Minimum 2-3 years of experience in relevant field
Good communication skill
Good interpersonal skill
Good computer skill
Proficiency in Pashto, Dari and English
Required frequent travel to the field
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following:
The closing date for accepting applications is 31-Oct-2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.
Note: The written test/interview will be on rolling basis due to the urgent need of the position, the written test/interview may take place before the closing date of the post/s.