- Post Date:December 5, 2022
- Views 37
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IRW-035-2022Location Kabul
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
The Project Officer will be under the direct supervision of Humanitarian Program Coordinator and will particularly be responsible to carry out the following tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Is responsible for collecting, compiling, and consolidating all information related to different components of the project regularly.
· Support the media and communication senior officer to prepare the case studies, quality photos, and videos.
· They are responsible for updating the project in the on-truck system in close coordination and guidance of the senior program officer and humanitarian program coordinator.
· Assist the procurement department with the market surveys, raising the Purchase Requests.
· Assist the MEAL department in the stock check, sample check, and spot monitoring
· She/he is responsible for input and output monitoring in the project.
· She/he has to document the processes adopted in the project implementation, emerging best practices, success stories, human interest stories during the implementation of the project.
· She/he should provide timely feedback on the project progress and shortcomings to the Humanitarian Program Coordinator.
· She/he should support Humanitarian Program Coordinator in developing Work Plan and Financial Plan on a quarterly basis.
· She/he should submit quality MIS reports, monthly progress reports and process reports regularly to the Humanitarian Program Coordinator.
· The project Officer is responsible for supporting the IRA’s PQLR department in beneficiary verification, spot monitoring and progress monitoring.
· Develop strategies in identification and coverage of all vulnerable and poorest households
· Coordinate with Humanitarian Program Coordinator in analyzing monitoring data and take necessary actions for the improvement of the project
· Establish linkages with line departments, NGOs, and relevant institutions at the village and district level.
· All project-related beneficiaries lists will be documented and shared with the Humanitarian Program Coordinator and submitted for the archiving
· Perform any other duties that the line supervisor may assign
Bachelor’s degree in social science, BBA, Project management, or related areas. (Master will be preferred)
3-5 years of experience of working in the project implementation and project management
- Excellent knowledge of local and international languages, English, Dari and Pashto
- Able to handle project implementation
- Good computer skill is required
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Be punctual, on time, and able to meet deadlines
Interested and qualified national candidates should jobs.af/jobs/field-supervisor-44″ rel=”noopener noreferrer” target=”_blank”> cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following:
The closing date for accepting applications is 11 Dec 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.