- Post Date:October 31, 2022
- Views 52
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IRW-CO-033-2022Location Kabul
bout Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years,
providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
The Program Officer will be responsible to the Humanitarian Program Coordinator on all aspects of maintaining Program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Program Officer will be under the direct supervision of Humanitarian Program Coordinator and will particularly be responsible to carry out the following tasks.
- Oversee technical assistance needed to execute project work plans activities and help fulfil any gaps identified.
- Ensure timely accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the IR Afghanistan donor and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to proposal management design writing and editing and project reporting.
- Prepare and submit activity plans and reports to the project and Humanitarian coordinator on agreed schedules.
- Coordination with relevant stakeholders, including governmental authorities, OCT meetings, and district level authorities.
- To engage with UN, NGOs, CBOs and government line departments on developing and ensuring adherence to minimum humanitarian standards in implementation of projects.
- Close coordination with humanitarian and other organizational departments.
- Update the monthly tracker of the project.
- Collection and completion of data from field level.
- Participate in the review of technical and programmatic portions of documents
- Contribute to the development of novel knowledge management and sharing tools and processes
- To lead on preparing reports, and field level assessments.
- Provide verbal and written feedback to supervisor on progress, lesson learnt, achievements and gaps, issues, and problems.
- Keep a database of the number of beneficiaries per activity in each location,
- Archiving project documents at end of the project.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager
- Ensuring work plans for the emergency programme, line with the strategy and the country plan.
- Ensuring appropriate technical assistance is provided to projects as well as to national contribution to support the development of best practices for humanitarian response.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning & Knowledge Management
- Work closely with the Head of Program and M&E Unit to ensure a user-friendly monitoring system, methodology, tools/methods, checklists, indicators, reporting formats are in place to track immediate results/outputs and impact/outcomes against planned initiatives of all Programmes. With support from Head of Program to ensure programme quality system is coherently joined up and well-integrated with the overall country level system to demonstrate bigger impact of IR work at the micro & macro level.
Financial Management and Budgeting
- To monitor actual expenditures as provided by Finance against budget forecasts and phasing and keep track of budget variances
- To ensure overall programme cost effectiveness and efficient utilization of funds.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration and Project Management (Master is preferred).
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ progressive working experience in humanitarian response programs as program officer.
- Good communication, negotiation, analytical and report writing, Proposal Writing skills.
- Good computer skills Windows/MS Office/Excel and command on using statistical packages.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of standards for implementation of projects.
- Proficiency in Pashto and Dari along with Fluency level of English language
- Good interpersonal and social skill
Submission Guidelines: Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following:
The closing date for accepting applications is 06 November 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.