- Post Date:October 9, 2022
- Views 97
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry FinanceQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number OHA-0119-2022Location Kandahar
About OHA (Organization for Humanitarian Assistance):
Organization for humanitarian Assistance (OHA), established in the year 1994 is an Afghan, non-profit, non-governmental and non- political organization, cooperative partner of UN and other international organizations implementing developmental and humanitarian projects in the southern region of Afghanistan. OHA strives to contribute to the achievement of sustainable development goals (SDGs) while strictly adhering the humanitarian principles, and key elements of good governance; participation, transparency and accountability.
The intention is to alleviate sever suffering, spread awareness, enable people to become self-employed and self-dependent at village, district and city levels for boosting rural and urban economy and livelihood in consultation with donors and local communities.
With having 29 years of experience, extensive knowledge and strong roots in the society with a wide range of network and access to the hard to reach areas in the Southern provinces (Kandahar, Helmand, Urozgan, Zabul, Nimroz), OHA has been able to successfully implement 109 developmental and emergency response humanitarian projects with an impartial, neutral, independent, humane and transparent way funded by various donors.
Close relations with people in particular with Shuras, community elders, religious leaders, and having a professional and experienced team are the key factors of OHA’s successful work in the remote and unsecure geographical areas.
Our areas of work include; irrigation (canals, culverts, bridges, flood protection), education (schools, literacy, awareness campaigns), road (structure and construction), capacity building (management training, vocational training), drinking water (drilling wells and extending water supply), health system (construction of infrastructure), provision of humanitarian assistance during natural and human made disasters.
- Ensure appropriate liaison and optimal coordination with the donors, Afghan authorities and other stakeholders about project implementation and the regulatory environment;
- Develop short- and long-term plans and strategies, and ensure the organization’s compliance with the stated core values, mission, humanitarian principles and project management principles;
- Plan, organize, manage, lead, and evaluate the overall operations of the project/program;
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization;
- Do the fundraising and growth awareness to support the sustainability of the organization and its mission;
- Develop professionally the donor mapping to attract the donors for supporting organization long term strategy;
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement;
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services;
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities;
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including beneficiary’s satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance;
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved;
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services;
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle;
- Negotiate, arbitrate, and resolve program, project and policy related issues/conflicts with other departments, Donors and community;
- Select, assign, train, direct, and evaluate subordinate staff, including subordinate managers, superintendents, supervisors, professionals, and others as requested;
- Create and implement policies governing the program function and assist in policy decisions that may have a project / program-wide impact;
- Review all project activities, processes, and services for scope, schedule, and budget adherence;
- Analyzing program risks and apply risk mitigation and problem-solving techniques;
- Build a strong team through open communication and by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities;
- Any other related task as assigned by line manager and/or Senior Management Team (SMT
- Conflict resolution, decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to implement the projects in different sectors of development, humanitarian, and advocacy;
- Ability of writing funding proposals and concept notes;
- Ability to work independently as well as function as a team player;
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Be self-directed and motivated
Applicants are required to submit their CV and Cover Letter (in one file PDF/ Ms. Word) to [email protected] no later than the closing date mentioned above and please mention the position title as well as the vacancy number in the subject of your emails, as follows: Program Manager – Vacancy No OHA-0119-2022
Related Jobs (9)
Settlement Planning and Shelter Assistant (Re-Advertised) on November 20, 2022 Full Time Job