- Post Date:October 14, 2022
- Views 48
- Career Level ManagerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 1526Location Kabul
Lapis is a leading media, education, research, project management and strategic communications company, operating throughout the Middle East, Northern Africa, South and Central Asia. Lapis supports local and global efforts to bring about positive change in frontier markets and challenging environments. From delivering education projects to strategic communications and project design, for nearly two decades Lapis’ work has framed how individuals, communities and nations see their world. We employ an unparalleled understanding of complex media and sociopolitical environments. We stay on the forefront of changes in audiences’ media and technology consumption, and combine this systems-level knowledge with our on-ground expertise to tailor carefully analyzed and creatively engaging products. Our clients include governments, foundations, international organizations, and the private sector.
We seek exceptional candidates for program manager role who have the passion, intellectual acuity, and business acumen to help grow our organization and deepen our impact. Program managers are resourceful leaders who use high-level strategic thinking, and contextual analysis to develop and deliver effective and innovative solutions.
The Program Manager’s primary focus is to oversee the day-to-day management of projects and related awards (grants & contracts) that are part of a portfolio covering mainly Afghanistan as a country office. The composition of the portfolio under the Program manager’s remit will vary over time, in line with changes and demands in Lapis’ overall funding portfolio. Initial focus of the position will be to manage Lapis’ efforts on expanding journalists’ access to training and capacity building initiatives in Afghanistan.
This role involves both direct management of programs and related awards implemented in Afghanistan; and providing support and advice to the Program Director and the rest of the team. The PM will be accountable to deliver the outcomes of the project components and staff under his/her authority. Being responsible for one or several components of a project at a time, the PM plays a key role, and works very closely with the Program Director in the effective development and implementation of the partnership and business development strategies; in identifying and addressing systemic risks and issues; and in improving and creating new internal processes in order to assure
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage the journalists’ capacity building project components
• Be responsible for day-to-day management of program components’ implementation, financial management, personnel, and interface with partners and stakeholders
• Work closely with Program Director, Lapis Afghanistan Country Director and the rest of the team to manage program implementation
• Develop robust, well-designed projects and deliver on their implementation to the highest quality
• Oversight of program components’ budgets, cash flows, and compliance, providing financial analysis on a regular basis
• Undertake grant and contract management, from point of contract negotiation and signature, to quality assurance during implementation, and working with the rest of program team to support reporting
• Ensure awards in the portfolio are compliant with donor requirements and the quality standards, including full independent audit compliance and that funder and internal standards are fully met in practice and appearance
• Ensure relevant quality assurance processes are completed so that program is running effectively and on time
• Monitor risks and issues developments within the portfolio sub-set, making sure that the Program Director is aware and fully briefed of issues requiring major strategic decisions
• Maintain an intimate working knowledge of potential partner network, from local civil society organizations, education organizations, broadcasters, and production houses
• Represent Lapis at external meetings and networking events and build the Lapis brand through conferences, speaking engagements and social media, and other outreach
• Commitment to and passion for positive change
• 6 years experience of project management, with knowledge of institutional donor compliance requirements
• Knowledge and experience of working with donors and multilateral
• Strong business acumen, entrepreneurial mindset strategic thinking, and analytical prowess
• Significant financial management, reporting, and oversight Strong team-building and management skills
• Strong presentation abilities and excellent written/oral communications
• Comprehensive understanding of the social and media landscape
• Exceptional ability to engage with clients and establish, deepen, and grow relationships with colleagues from different organisations, functions, and cultures, often remotely
• Ability to manage a complex and varied workload, in order to organise and prioritise multiple tasks efficiently, manage reactive and proactive work, and deliver tasks to tight deadlines
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• PMP or Prince2 Certificate would be an addition
Interested candidates should send their resume via e-mail.
Clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position, vacancy announcement, applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Related Jobs (6)
Settlement Planning and Shelter Assistant (Re-Advertised) on November 20, 2022 Full Time Job