Program Director (National/ International)
- Post Date:October 21, 2022
- Views 38
- Career Level ManagerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry Computer and TechnologyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 1525Location Kabul
Lapis is a leading media, education, research, project management and strategic communications company, operating throughout the Middle East, Northern Africa, South and Central Asia. Lapis supports local and global efforts to bring about positive change in frontier markets and challenging environments. From delivering education projects to strategic communications and project design, for nearly two decades Lapis’ work has framed how
individuals, communities and nations see their world. We employ an unparalleled understanding of complex media and sociopolitical environments. We stay on the forefront of changes in audiences’ media and technology consumption, and combine this systems-level knowledge with our on-ground expertise to tailor carefully analyzed and creatively engaging products. Our clients include governments, foundations, international organizations, and the private sector.
We seek exceptional candidates for the Program Director role who have the passion, intellectual acuity, and business acumen to help grow our organization and deepen our impact. Program Directors are resourceful team leaders who use high-level strategic thinking, and contextual analysis to develop and deliver effective and innovative solutions.
The Program Director’s primary focus is to oversee the day-to-day management of projects/programs and related awards (grants & contracts) that are part of a portfolio covering mainly Afghanistan as a country office. The composition of the portfolio under the Program Director’s remit will vary over time, in line with changes and demands in Lapis’ overall international programs funding portfolio. Initial focus of the position will be to manage Lapis’ efforts on expanding journalists’ access to training and capacity building initiatives in Afghanistan.
This role involves both direct management of programs and related awards implemented in Afghanistan; and providing support and technical advice to the rest of the Lapis team. The PD will be accountable to deliver the outcomes of the projects and staff under their authority. Being responsible for one or several projects at a time, the PD plays a key role, and works very closely with the CEO or their designee in the effective development and implementation of the partnership and business development strategies; in identifying and addressing systemic risks and issues; and in improving and creating new internal processes in order to assure compliance with the rules and regulations of different donors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage the journalists’ capacity-building programs under the Lapis portfolio
• Assemble and manage a high-quality team to deliver excellence under the portfolio
• Be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of program implementation, financial management, personnel, and interface with partners and stakeholders
• Work closely with Lapis Afghanistan Country Director to manage staff and program implementation
• Develop robust, well-designed projects and deliver on their implementation to the highest quality
• Develop strong knowledge of in-country context and keep updated on current issues, as well as of Lapis’ key programmatic themes and priorities
• Provide direction and complete oversight of all aspects of program delivery with a focus on the integration of core Lapis verticals; research, strategy and planning, creative, production, media and M&E
• Oversight of program budgets, cash flows, and compliance, providing financial analysis on a regular basis
• Undertake grant and contract management, from point of contract negotiation and signature, to quality assurance during implementation, and working with the program team to support reporting
• Ensure awards in the portfolio are compliant with donor requirements and the quality standards, including full independent audit compliance and that funder and internal standards are fully met in practice and appearance
• Ensure relevant quality assurance processes are completed so that programs are running effectively and on time
• Monitor risks and issues developments within the portfolio sub-set, making sure that the Program Management Lead is aware and fully briefed of issues requiring major strategic decisions
• Lead on monitoring internal processes and procedures, identifying areas of improvement and recommending changes
• Monitor KPIs and other data related to program and funding management, providing analysis to relevant stakeholders based on available information
• Identify new funding opportunities, as follow-on from existing awards and/or as part of the day-to-day interaction with donors
• Provide input in or lead on bid management for new solicitations
• Drive business development initiatives, engaging new and existing clients to deepen relationships and develop new business, funding, and partnerships
• Develop and maintain donor relationships, serving as the focal point for the donors of different programs
• Source and manage strategic partners and subcontractors
• Maintain an intimate working knowledge of potential partner network, from local civil society organizations, education organizations, broadcasters, and production houses
• Represent Lapis at external meetings and networking events and build the Lapis brand through conferences, speaking engagements and social media, and other outreach
Job Location From outside or inside Afghanistan,
• 6-8 years of relevant professional experience with university degree
• Commitment to and passion for positive change
• Significant financial management, reporting, and oversight Strong team-building and management skills
• Persuasive presentation abilities and excellent written/oral communications across cultures and geographies
• Established network of donor, civil society and private sector
• Comprehensive understanding of the political, social, media landscape
• Exceptional ability to engage clients and establish, deepen, and grow relationships with colleagues from different organisations, functions, and cultures, often remotely
• Ability to manage a complex and varied workload, in order to organise and prioritise multiple tasks efficiently, manage reactive and proactive work, and deliver tasks to tight deadlines
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to identify and implement effective processes for achieving outcomes
• A high degree of flexibility and adaptability to respond to changing needs and effectively address issue
• Proven attention for detail and ability to effectively manage a high volume of data and information
Interested candidates should send their resume via e-mail.
Clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position, vacancy announcement, applications received after the closing date will not be considered.