- Post Date:October 29, 2022
- Views 45
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary 2000 - 2100 USD monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 0535Location Kabul
About Moore Afghanistan :
At Moore, our purpose is to help people thrive – our clients, our people and the communities they live and work in. We’re a global accounting and advisory family of over 30,000 people across more than 260 independent firms and 110 countries, connecting and collaborating to take care of your needs – local, national and international. When you work with Moore firms, you’ll work with people who care deeply about your success and who have the drive and dedication to deliver results for you and your business. You’ll have greater access to senior expertise than with many firms. We’ll be here for you whenever you need us – to help you see through the maze of information, to guide you in your decisions and to make sure you take advantage of every opportunity. To help you thrive in a changing world.
UNDP Global Mission Statement
UNDP is key partner to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (the ‘Global Fund’, ‘GF’) and serves as interim Principal Recipient (PR) at the request of the Country Coordinating Mechanism (‘CCM’) or GF. In July 2014, the Afghanistan CCM requested UNDP Afghanistan to assume the PR’s role for the HIV, TB, Malaria and Health System Strengthening grants under the Global Fund new funding model (the ‘Programmes’). The Ministry of Public Health, National AIDS Control Program (MoPH) shall be the principal implementing partner (PIP) and a number of non-governmental organizations will be Sub-recipients (SR). In the role of interim PR, UNDP is responsible for the financial and programmatic management of the Global Fund grants as well as procurement of pharmaceutical and non-health items and the quality of the services provided under the programs. In all areas of implementation, UNDP provides support to national partners to strengthen health systems to assume the PR’s role when capacities permit. Central to UNDP’s work is strengthening partnerships between MoPH, other government agencies, affected communities, development partners and UN agencies to ensure more effective and inclusive governance of the response against the three diseases.
• Global Fund Partnership; Implementation Support and Capacity Development
For the implementation of the Programmes funded by the Global Fund, UNDP Afghanistan has established a Program Management Unit (PMU) which coordinates and oversees the implementation of the Programs and ensures compliance of the terms and conditions of the grant agreements with the GF and UNDP rules, policies and procedures. The PMU ensures coordination linkages with other UNDP programmes in Afghanistan and also with other UNDP Country Offices acting as PR for Global Fund programmes in the region and globally. In the period, 2018-2020, the PMU will be implementing the TBRSSH grant in a joint PR-ship with MOPH.
Job Summary: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the National TB RSSH Programme Officer, the Project Associate provides supportive functions in successfully implementing the Multi-Country and TB RSSH Grants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensures effective and efficient implementation of grant management activities, with the following responsibilities:
• Support the TB RSSH National Programme Officer in SRs’ management and follow up of approved activities in compliance with UNDP/GF rules and procedures and in line with signed grant agreement, budget and performance framework;
• In consultation with the National Tuberculosis Control program (NTP) support the country, SRs, and other partners in developing strategies to facilitate results-based implementation of programme activities, in accordance with the action plans and within approved/allocated budgets.
• Assist in designing, developing and monitoring budgets, work plans, milestones and indicators for Multicounty Grant with NTP, in-country SRs (MCG-TB and TBRSSH) and other Partners
• Ensures timely preparation of relevant program reports; PU/PUDR, annual report, UNDP reports, briefs etc;
• Analyze the situation in Programme, identify operational and financial problems and propose solutions;
• Proactively respond to grant related issues and follow up with SRs, NTP, national partners and implementation sites to ensure smooth grant implementation;
• Closely coordinate with TBRSSH Program Associates and SRs to effectively manage the grant in cross-border sites of the country
• Plan and perform supervisory visits from grant implementation in the provinces
• Oversee and ensure functionalization of FHHs in 35 sites in close coordination of the assigned SRs
• Oversee and ensure functionalization of PHPs in close coordination of the assigned SRs
• Carry out routine performance reviews of the FHHs/PHPs and provide constructive feedbacks to further improve the performance
• Routinely collect data on FHH and PHP operations from the relevant SRs, review the data and analyze for under/overachievements
• Facilitate field level capacity building initiatives of the CSOs
• Supervise provision of food support (food basket) to the detected MDR TB patients, coordinate the activity with the relevant SRs, collect timely reports on implementation and share feedback for further improving the activity
• Collect reports on sample transportation of smear positive TB cases from the relevant SRs, follow up on implementing the activity and achieving the targets and monitor payment provision to the transporters
• Share programme updates with National TB RSSH Programme Officer and the NTP
Provides effective administrative support to management of the Multicounty Grant-Tuberculosis programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
• Ensure proper control of supporting documents for payments jointly with the National TB RSSH Programme Officer, procurement and finance departments.
• Participation in audit of the project, respond to audit queries, develop action plans to address audit recommendations and ensure timely implementation of audit recommendations
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Assist in disseminating best practices for the management and implementation of Multicounty TB and RSSH Programmes at the local level.
• Assist in assessing needs of Sub-recipients and reinforcing capacities for effective programme implementation.
• Proactively undertake regular monitoring of project sites independently as well as jointly with MOPH/NTP and partners and providing reports
• Proactively conduct regular visits to NTP, SRs and MoPH departments to follow up implementation, identify bottlenecks and prepare recommendation to the programme officer.
• Regularly participate in TB taskforce meetings and other TWG meetings
• Conduct timely analysis of M&E data and providing narrative reports to the Global Fund Progarmme Unit
• Conduct verification of SR reports and field data provided by SRs and sties at central and provincial/border levels
• Facilitate monthly/quarterly coordination meetings with SR(s) and national counterparts for performance reviews and adjustments as needed;
• Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in TB and RSSH programmes.
• Jointly working with TB RSSH Program Unit to synergies the efforts for better implementation of both grants; TB RSSH and Multicounty Grant
• Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the TBRSSH National Programme Officer
• Activities under MC and TB-RSSH grants are successfully implemented
1. The project associate will be reporting to the office daily during office working hours, reporting to the direct supervisor TB RSSH Programme Specialist, and will submit monthly report to supervisor on activities supported during the period. The GF PMU will provide with office space, IT equipment (sim card and laptop) and access to copy machine and other equipment.
2. The project associate will travel to provinces where the project is being implemented. The number of travels to each province will be according to the project’s work plan.
• Demonstrated experience of project management, drafting of quality reports and project documents, proposals;
• Fluency in English and local languages of Dari/Pashtu is required;
Special skills requirements:
• Good knowledge of project implementation
• Proficient in Microsoft office applications including Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word;
• Demonstrate integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
• Promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
• Display cultural, gender, religious, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Treat all people fairly without favoritism;
• Observe high ethical and integrity standards
Technical and Policy
• Understand National Strategic Plans for TB and RSSH and related international policies and institutionalization issues as these pertain to development and (post)-conflict countries such as Afghanistan;
• Effectively articulate MC grant and TBRSSH policy ideas and influences government and other partners in making their strategic policy and programmatic choices and implementing them for the objective of strengthening overall health system in Afghanistan;
• Provide evidence-based policy analysis on MC grant and TBRSSH response and best practices.
• Build strong client relationships and substantive dialogue with clients that creates valuable intervention opportunities for the office / unit;
• Build strong relationships with other external actors, including cultivating productive relationships with donors, partners, and other important institutions and individuals to achieve strategic goals;
• Communicate clearly and convincingly by demonstrating good oral and written communication skills;
• Manage conflict and stress and works effectively as a mediator to resolve problems.
• Anticipate and understand client needs, formulates clear strategic plans, prioritizes interventions and allocate resources according to priorities;
• Manage projects effectively by consistently ensuring timeliness and quality of project work carried out by the office;
• Encourage and contributes to innovative solutions to address challenging situations.
Client Orientation and Inter-personal/Communication Skills:
• Ability to identify partner’s, client’s and team’s needs and appropriate solutions;
• Ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with donors and other partner agencies;
• Excellent personal and professional communication and presentation skills;
• Cultural sensitivity and adaptability – communicates effectively with and relates to people of different cultures with respect;
• Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to lead and gain assistance of others in a team;
• Ability to build trust through operating with transparency and creating an open, positive and enabling environment and relationship
• Bachelor’s Degree
UNDP CO, Kabul, Afghanistan and regular travel to provinces and districts.
Qualified candidates should submit their details, Resume and Cover Letter through our AHG portal linked with Jobs.af and copied below: