- Post Date:September 16, 2022
- Views 52
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Female
- Industry Media and NewsQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 1506Location Kabul
About MOBY Group:
Founded in 2003 MOBY GROUP operates in South & Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Headquartered in Dubai, the group employs over 1,200 individuals across 16 businesses.
MOBY has been widely recognized for its role in bringing news and entertainment to underserved populations. It serves over 300 million people through its activities in broadcasting, digital & online, production, strategic communications, publishing, music, sports and research.
MOBY’s local-language content in English, Farsi, Pashto, Hindi, Arabic and Amharic spans a range of genres including dramas, reality television, lifestyle and music shows, sports, news & current affairs and children’s programs.
For more information please visit our website www.mobygroup.com
The producer will work with the news director, reporters, and anchors to oversee the overall content and flow of news distribution. Finally, you should be able to verify that newscasts are broadcast cleanly, are relevant to current events, and satisfy the tastes of the audience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Producer regular current affairs shows for television audience.
• Choose the topic for the show, invite guests accordingly and control the talk from the control room that includes all aspects of a show.
• Coordinate the shows produced for broadcast at TOLO, LEMAR, and the online team.
• Working with direct consultation with line manager and presenter of the show in show
• Monitors local, national, and international news sources multiple times daily.
• Verifies information with sources and ensures the accuracy of the news report.
• Writes and edits news scripts when necessary.
• Produce shows from the field when necessary based on the nature of the story.
• Available in urgent cases and to produce or present other show(s) in the absence of fellow presenter(s).
• Gives instructions to staff to schedule broadcast and to develop and coordinate details to obtain the desired production
• Views taped program to select scenes to be used for promotional purposes, using video equipment
• Listens to audio tape recording to verify program, script, or sound effects conform to broadcast standards, using audio equipment
• Deciding which stories are of most interest to our news consumers.
• Determine the order in which stories will be told in broadcasts or posted on the web.
• Write informative and detailed web platform stories including links and additional information viewers will find useful.
• Time broadcasts and ensures they are clean and correct on the air.
• Other related duties assigned by line manager
• High school graduate, diploma, Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, Dari or Pashto literature, or related field required.
• One year of relevant experience.
• Excellent written and verbal skills, including editing skills.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to project a sense of trustworthiness.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Interested candidates should send their resume via e-mail.
Clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position, vacancy announcement, applications received after the closing date will not be considered.