- Post Date:October 5, 2022
- Views 81
- Career Level ManagerExperience 8 Years +Gender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 2022-10-217Location Kabul
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the UN agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable town and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. This post is located in the UN Habitat Regional Office for Asia and Pacific (ROAP) at Kabul duty station.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, has been working within Afghanistan since 1992 with funding support of USAID, Japanese and Australian Governments, EU, CIDA, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), Kingdom of the Netherlands and several other bilateral donors and multilateral donors. During this period, its programme has expanded to include a wide range of human settlements initiatives, from humanitarian emergency support to small-scale neighborhood level improvement schemes to municipal scale governance reforms.
Operations Section, UN-Habitat Afghanistan Programme is responsible for providing professional, timely, accurate, effective, and efficient support to the country office programme by ensuring that financial resources are unitized in the best interest of the organization and in line with UN rules and regulations. The Operations Section comprise of Finance Management, Human Resource Management, ICT, and security.
Under direct supervision of Administrative Officer and Finance & budget Officer, Procurement Associate will be responsible to undertake the following tasks and activities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drafting/customizing of all tender documents which includes: EoI, ITBs, RFP and other bidding documents
• Advertising all tenders, circulating to all field offices and registered vendors
• Managing all correspondence with bidders and project managers before submission and closing date of the offers
• Collecting all solicitation documents from the project managers and individual requesters, this includes official request memo, ToR/SoW, specifications, budget breakdown, maps, and drawings…
• Manage and responsible for pre-qualification process of commercial companies and NGOs
• Preparing monthly, quarterly, and yearly procurement plan in liaison with project managers and procurement officer.
• Preparing procurement monthly report to PMO and CPM
• Tracking and updating procurement follow up case/request and submit to Project Managers, PMO and CPM on weekly base or when required
• Assist in implementation and administering of procurement plans and policies
• Following up any pending cases as per the requests and procurement plan
• Submission of approved cases to PSU for drafting commercial contracts and complete missing documents if any
• Providing procurement training as per the UN procurement manual and approved guidelines when there is necessary
• Briefing procurement to the field, when necessary
• Back up of procurement staff when required
• Assist other procurement team when necessary
• Perform other duties assigned by his/her supervisor
Competencies (Select 3 Maximum)
Professionalism: Ability to identify and resolve budgetary problems and identify sources for data collection. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, or equivalent professional certificate in the related field.
c) Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of working experience or high school diploma with 11 years of relevant working experience in procurement field.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the posts advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit the following required documents.
1. A cover letter that shows how your qualifications and experience meet the VA requirement.
2. An update CV+ P11 form for individual contractor (IC) that contains all your information
To the [email protected] indicating on the SUBJECT line the vacancy number of the position, please note that applications received after the closing date (20-October- 2022) will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Note: Subject line must be: (2022-10-217) or your application may not be considered.
Submission Email: [email protected]
For more details about UN-HABITAT and UN-HABITAT Afghanistan Country Programme refer Website: www.unhabitat.org and www.unhabitat.af