- Post Date:October 22, 2022
- Views 37
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Advertising and MarketingQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Location Kabul
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and the planet. UNDP has been working in Afghanistan for more than 50 years on climate change and resilience, gender, governance, health, livelihoods, and rule of law. Under the
broader framework of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and in close coordination with other UN agencies, UNDP is supporting the Afghan people’s aspiration for peace, prosperity, and sustainability. UNDP is currently implementing its flagship crisis response programme, ABADEI (Area Based Approach to Development Emergency Initiatives), as part of the ongoing UN-led response to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe and the breakdown of Afghanistan’s economy following the August 2021 shift in power.
The Procurement Unit within the Operational pillar of the Country Office (CO) is responsible for efficient, transparent, and cost-effective delivery of procurement services in support of the programme and CO operations which also includes support to other UN Agencies. The CO is looking to enhance the operational capacity of the Procurement Unit to support the expanding programme and operational demands of ABADEI and other Projects by hiring additional staff members.
Under the overall guidance of the Procurement Specialist, the Procurement Analyst is responsible for the provision of procurement and contract management services in line with UNDP rules, policies, and procedures in order to obtain the best value for money, effective competition, and transparency fairness and integrity in meeting interest of the Organization. He/she works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO, to analyze and interpret the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to procurement, with focus on civil works. The Procurement Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
1) Provides analytical inputs to the elaboration and implementation of operational strategies
- Full compliance with UNDP Procurement Rules and Regulations, Financial Rules and Regulations and Program and Operations Policies and Procedures.
- Manage/contribute to the development of the Procurement Plan for the CO Programme.
- Analyze project proposals and advise on appropriate sourcing strategies with feasible solutions.
2) Supports management of procurement processes for Country Office Projects and other UN Agencies
- Develop the solicitation/bidding documents for goods, services and works.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes for receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Creation of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (R/ACP).
- Timely corrective actions on Purchase Orders (PO) with budget check errors and other problems.
- Ensure cost saving element in planning and implementation of the procurement activities.
- Respond timely to any queries by the project team and provide clarifications and/ or progress status report for the procurement activities.
3) Ensures introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Conduct market research and develop the rosters of local and/or international suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, and quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Implementation and effective use of UNDP e-tendering systems.
4) Creates and manages functions in existing and/or upcoming ERP systems such as SharePoint, ACP-online, ATLAS, Quantum, UNall, and others as required
- Preparation and/or quality assurance review of submissions for CAP and R/ACP reviews.
- Management of data and information resources online.
- Management of procurement functions within the ERP systems.
5) Creates/assists in the creation of systems and procedures for effective delivery of procurement services
- Timely preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Preparation of vendor rosters to facilitate solicitation processes.
- Establishment of LTAs for recurrent items for operational and programme requirements.
- Following up and/or facilitating issues concerning contract management.
The Procurement Analyst is expected to provide quality assurance checks of the work of administrative and support staff or contractor’s personnel as required. He/she will also supervise the work of the Procurement Associate.
To apply please click on the below link;