Principal Software Engineering Manager
- Post Date:June 19, 2022
- Apply Before: August 31, 2022
- Views 28
- Experience 8 Years +Gender BothIndustry Computer and Technology
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of Opportunities Many OpportunitiesVacancy Number 1314142
- Location Multiple Locations, United States
At Azure DevOps, we pride ourselves on building services that make engineering teams productive. This is the reason why Azure DevOps is solution of choice for millions of engineers – including thousands of Microsoft largest customers and internal teams. Azure DevOps – https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/devops/ – is a suite of services as part of Microsoft Azure, which provides work planning, repos, CI/CD, test management, and more.
We are looking for experienced Engineering Manager to lead Azure DevOps team in US. The team is accountable for ensuring we deliver on Azure DevOps promise – always available, always reliable, always responsive. We build new features to enhance performance, scalability and compliance, and deliver productivity wins to all Azure customers. If you are looking for a way to multiply your impact – join us, and unlock 10x increase in productivity to millions of Azure Developers.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering leadership to guide the priorities for the team, set technical direction and execute on strategy.
- Nurture and influence team culture of customer obsession, continuous improvement, reflection, and growth.
- Manage and grow diverse team of highly capable engineers building performant, scalable and compliant developer services
- Lead the team in adopting new technologies, tools and practices from Microsoft and industry
- Work with partners across Microsoft to execute on key cross team initiatives and ensure delightful end to end engineering experiences.
- 8+ years of professional experience designing, building, and running Cloud Services at large scale
- 3+ years of experience leading, mentoring and managing teams of software engineers
- Experience in managing large scale services running in public cloud
- Excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written. We are a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment paradigms
- Familiarity with SQL databases and/or NoSQL document stores. Experience with high scale SQL.
- Troubleshooting skills across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing storage and distributed services layers
- Experience using and contributing to Open Source or Inner Source
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $153, 100 to $224,500.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Related Jobs (7)
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for International Students 2022 on June 23, 2022 Scholarship
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students on June 23, 2022 Fellowship
Full Stack Software Engineer – Core Ads – Product Focused on June 21, 2022 Full Time Job
Senior Staff Software Engineer, Assistant Smart Display on June 17, 2022 Full Time Job