polio Provincial Project Manager for Kandahar and Nangarhar
- Post Date:October 3, 2022
- Views 42
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number [email protected]Location Kandahar Nangarhar
About Afghan Red Crescent Society جمعیت هلال احمر افغانی (سره میاشت):
Established in 1934, the Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) is an independent, humanitarian institution which has been recognized by the government of Afghanistan as an auxiliary to State agencies. ARCS play an important role in delivering disaster response services. Under the 2016 Red Crescent Law, ARCS carry out its activities in accordance with the principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary services, unity and universality. Among others, ARCS have the duty to provide assistance to disaster-affected communities, supply emergency shelter, and distribute relief items to vulnerable people. Through its network of 7 regional branches and 34 provincial branches and more than 20,000 staff and trained volunteers, ARCS is amongst the few national organizations with nation-wide outreach and access. Over the past decades, ARCS has managed to uphold its neutrality and enjoys acceptance enabling its teams to carry out principled humanitarian action across the lines of conflict, including in the large portions of the territories controlled by armed opposition groups. With the support of its Red Cross Red Crescent Movement partners – the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and Partners National Societies like the Norwegian Red Cross – ARCS has also strengthened its management systems, procedures and partnerships to respond to emergencies, upon request of the public authorities or under its own initiative.
For the first time in 1929 in general park of Kabul city, a charity society was founded, which was supported and assisted by Kabul municipality. A number of philanthropists participated in the occasion and the aim was to help poor and victims of disasters.
In response to suggestion of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ conference in 1951 held in Hague, the name of the society was changed to Mehrab Ahmar.
The society, which was providing humanitarian services, was active in the framework of finance ministry and later it was carrying out its activities under ministry of public health of the country.
In 1951 by a decree of king of the time, with a special legislation, indicating its authorities and responsibilities, the society was formally recognized under the name of the Afghan Red Crescent Society as an impartial, independent and volunteer society.
The ARCS was founded in April 1934. It traces its origins to the Naderia Orphanage, with the purpose of helping orphans and those in need. In October 1951, the society adopted its constitution, which articulated democratic provisions for membership, elections at central, provincial and local branches, and managing board. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is one of the two main partners of the ARCS, establishing its delegation in Afghanistan in 1991, with only temporary evacuations during the most recent conflict. Although limited in terms of organizational capacity in recent years, the organization and activities of the ARCS covers territory throughout the country, with active branches in all provinces.
ARCS has 23000 community based health first aid (CBHFA) volunteers across the country which lead by 34 provincial branches. ARCS’s health services are providing through 31 mobile health clinics, AIDS/HIV awareness rising program in many districts, comprehensive health interventions at community level, 46 fixed health facilities and treatment of congenital heart diseases are the main health related activities.
To serve as Provincial Project leader and focal point for the health and Routine immunization program.
- Support timely preparation of Province EPI/PEI (Polio Eradication, Routine Immunization and other accelerated control of vaccine preventable diseases) annual work-plans in line with national plans.
- Advocate for and participate in weekly coordination meetings of the Province Technical Team to monitor implementation of priority EPI/PEI activities as articulately in the Province EPI/PE Province plans.
- Advocate for and participate in monthly Province Inter-Agency Coordination Committee or Province Immunization Task Force meetings to review implementation of priority EPI/PEI activities and EPI/PEI performance indicators.
- Support timely (a) collection of all EPI/PEI data (RI data, SIA dashboard data, surveillance data, PEI accountability framework data) (b) use of EPI/PEI data for action and (c) feed-forward to zonal and national level.
- Ensure regular updating of Province EPI/PEI plans to incorporate technical recommendations from ERC meetings, program reviews including Rapid Surveillance Assessments (RSAs), national EOC
- Collate monthly review reports from all clusters and compile a monthly Province EPI/PEI review report.
- Ensure that all personnel (Cluster consultants, districts Facilitators, Community health and first aid volunteers) prepare (a) weekly work-plans in line with Province EPI/PEI work-plans and priorities and (b) weekly reports of implementation of their weekly work-plans at the end of each week
- Conduct weekly in-house coordination meetings and follow up priority actions for follow up.
- Collaborate with the process of selection of whole staffs in line with project operational plan.
- Collaborate closely with other partners in the Province (CDC, UNICEF, WHO, Rotary) through joint participation in meetings with Province officials and other stake-holders (Province team meetings, Province Task Force meetings, Province EOC or Operations Room meetings) as well as in partner meetings as may be required.
- Ensure timely sharing of activity reports and or plans of activities to be supported by the Agency with Province authorities, partners and other relevant stakeholders in the Province.
- To undertake at least 2-3 supportive supervision of Agency personnel supporting vulnerable or poor performing districts.
- Ensure quarterly performance appraisals of all project personnel in the Province.
- Support training and capacity building of Province, districts staff as well as all Agency personnel (Cluster consultants, districts supervisors, Community health and first aid volunteers).
- Implement administrative, financial, security and office operations responsibilities in line with laid down ARCS/IFRC rules and regulations.
- Provide any support as requested by WHO Zonal Coordinator, EPI TL and/or Agency Representative.
Required Education/Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Doctor of Medicine and/or with Degree on Public Health
- At 5 years’ experience with more than 3 years working on RI and polio program
- Able to work under heavy pressure, meet tight deadlines and deliver high-quality work on time,
- Ability to speak English and local language fluently.
- Ability to travel to any village in target district.
متقاضیان محترم لطف نموده جهت درخواست احراز بست به آمریت استخدام ریاست منابع بشری دفتر مرکزی جمعیت هلال احمر افغانی واقع افشار سیلو مراجعه نموده خلص سوانح (سی وی) ، کاپی اسناد تحصیلی کاپی اسناد تجارب کاری تذکره تابعیت و یک قطعه عکس با خود داشته باشند.
نوت: درخواست برای احراز بست از طریق ایمیل و یا آنلاین پذیرفته نمیشود.
Dear applicants, please refer to the Recruitment Department of Human Resources Afghan Red Crescent Society HQ office Afshar-e-Silo for submitting thier application along with thier Curriculum Vita (CV) , copy of educational documents, copy of work experience, citizenship ID card and a photo.
Note: Request for a clampdown is not accepted by email or online.
Related Jobs (7)
بست سوم – ویدیو ادیتـــور، موشن گرافیک دیزاینر – وزارت اطلاعات وفرهنگ on September 21, 2022 Full Time Job
Diversity and Inclusion Manager (IDM 2.0) Magdeburg (m/f/d) on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job