- Post Date:November 19, 2022
- Views 13
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification CertificateSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number Jhp-UHI-309Location Balkh
Program Description: The USAID funded Urban Health Initiative (UHI) Program’s goal is to improve health outcomes of people living in urban areas, particularly focusing on the health of women and children and other vulnerable populations. Interventions aim to increase demand, access and quality of health services. Lead by Jhpiego and implemented by a dynamic consortium of organizations, UHI is implemented in five cities in Afghanistan – Kabul, Herat, Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad and Kandahar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To store, arrange and organize the medicine /Supplies and other pharmacy related materials/equipment properly in the shelves or specified areas.
- To ensure that all pharmaceutical have been arranged properly in cabinets and all security and safety measure are considered.
- To ensure the arrangement of pharmacy drugs alphabetically considering FIFO or FEFO order.
- To distribute drugs to patients with prescription and register them in the tally sheet and stock card daily.
- To make sure that all drugs/supplies received or issued are entered to the stock card on due time in coordination with pharmacy officer.
- To give proper direction to the patient regarding drugs use and how to keep the drugs safe.
- To make order on monthly basis and send re-supply request to city office before shortage of medicine to avoid stock out.
- To Provide monthly consumption report to the pharmacy officer.
- To ensure the availability of all supplied drugs and items with specification before signing the receipt form of pharmacy team in each single supply.
- To inform about short expire drugs to the doctor and if the quantity of drugs is more than the consumption of the health facility then send it to other health facilities three months before the expiry in coordination with pharmacy officer.
- Equip with knowledge of primary and secondary health care package and apply it on the ground for management of pharmaceutical at health facility.
- To report the pharmacy officer for all receipts, issues, inventory, monthly stock report, consumption report discrepancy in amount, type of medicine and supplies and specifications contrary to the approved items description.
- To take preventive measures such as humidity, direct sun light and bugs in the pharmacy warehouse and stores in support of administration team,
- To ensure the proper ventilation and temperature of the pharmacy warehouse/ stock.
- Registered Pharmacy technician
- At least two years of experience in a similar position and proven experience in management of pharmacy stock
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including strong writing, analytical and communication skills in Dari, Pashtu and English (preferable)
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software applications (Excel, Word, Outlook Explorer, Power Point) is advantageous
Please send your CV to [email protected] For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org. Note: Please mention the job title and vacancy number of the position on your email subject line otherwise your application may not be considered. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer!