Personal Security Capacity Building Consultant
- Post Date:August 31, 2022
- Views 38
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IDLO/19/22Location Kabul
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The Reducing the Impact of Insecurity on Afghanistan’s Legal System (RIIALS) program is a multi-year, research and development project. Under the RIIALS program, IDLO aims to build on IDLO’s existing efforts to assist justice service providers such as civil society organizations, legal practitioners, and customary and informal justice actors to help them gain a better understanding of the risks they face when providing justice services and develop appropriate responses. The project will include providing partner institutions with assistance to improve their policies and procedures, and to pilot new interventions. The project aims to: 1) Ensure civil society organizations and other non-state actors in the justice sector understand the impact of contextual insecurity on the provision of justice services; and 2) help ensure non-state justice service providers are prepared to mitigate the effects of insecurity and disruptive events.
Reporting to the Project Team Manager (PTM), and in close collaboration with the IDLO Security team and Legal Capacity Development team, the RIIALS Personal Security Capacity Building Expert (hereafter, “the Contractor”), shall develop, design, and deliver personal security and emergency response trainings and workshops aimed at increasing the capacity of training recipients to respond to disruptive events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Consultant will perform the following duties:
· Develop personal safety and security training curricula based on IDLO methodology.
· Localize training materials based on contextual needs (district vs province).
· Incorporate suggested comments by IDLO project and core teams into the curricula.
· Develop reference materials to support trainings.
· Deliver workshops and conduct trainings on the materials produced.
· Build the capacity of IDLO and partner organization trainers to conduct trainings based on curricula and materials developed; and,
· Perform any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
· Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree or equivalent in Law Enforcement, Security Studies, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Public Policy, Law or related field. Equivalent experience in the filed can be substituted for a university degree.
· At least 5 years of experience in designing, operating and/or managing emergency response systems.
· Experience producing and facilitating training on security related topics.
· Fluency in English and Dari (required). Knowledge of Pashto would be an advantage.
· Strong problem solving, conceptual, and analytical skills.
· Ability to research, analyze, and synthesize information, interpret data, retrieve information from databases and clearly and concisely prepare results.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of IT software and the internet.
· Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan.
· Strong understanding of the current security environment.
· Good knowledge of tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) used by opposition groups as well as developing trends.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
· Experience in applying adult learning principles in a training/capacity development environment.
· Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than September 01,2022 to the email given. Please clearly indicate the position name and vacancy number (Personal Security Capacity Building Consultant–IDLO/19/2022) applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Test/Interview.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply!