Payments Compliance Officer, Finance
- Post Date:June 17, 2022
- Apply Before: July 20, 2022
- Views 45
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry FinanceNumber of Opportunities 1Location Sydney NSW Australia
- Language English
- 5 years of experience in risk management in financial services.
- Experience in compliance-related projects, customer complaints, and cyber hygiene/technology risk.
- Experience in global compliance programs.
- Experience in regulated financial services firms, financial regulators, or regulated sectors, such as the payments industry.
- Excellent attention to detail, written and verbal communication, time management, analytical, and research skills.
About The Job
The Google Compliance team makes sure that our business is always consistent with the current financial regulations. Comprised of multitaskers, this team balances Google’s legal and compliance requirements with the dynamic needs of our users and the values of our company. As part of this team, you proactively identify pain points and gaps in existing policy frameworks and find innovative solutions. You develop efficient compliance systems and work with teams to implement these across the organization. You are thorough in all you do and see to it that as Google pursues our next big idea, we always have our bases covered.
As part of the Payments Compliance team focusing on Australia, you will help to ensure that our products and services stay in continuous compliance with regulations and internal policy requirements. You will need an understanding of how to navigate both internal and external relationships and be action oriented. You have a strong grounding in risk management within financial services, and a working knowledge of regulatory requirements to maintain payments licenses, such as operational risk and customer complaints. In this role, you will monitor, manage risks, and compliance with obligations.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Act as a local point of contact for the Google Payment Australia, by reviewing its compliance program and the effectiveness of its controls.
- Review and respond to regulatory requests and AFCA enquiries.
- Oversee and assist with the management of payments compliance programs in other APAC markets as required, such as local board meetings.
- Be an agent for change by advocating control initiatives with cross-functional partners such as Legal, Customer Support, Operations, Finance, and Product Management.
- Lead and participate in regional and global initiatives, (e.g., process mapping, developing, and maintaining a documentation library).
Related Jobs (4)
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for International Students 2022 on June 23, 2022 Scholarship
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students on June 23, 2022 Fellowship