Outbreak Response officer
- Post Date:October 25, 2022
- Views 58
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number WHOAFG-2022-10-99Location Kabul
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the
health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
Purpose of the Post:
In the context of WHO Health Emergencies Programme/WHE and concurrent COVID-19 pandemic, the Outbreak Response Officer will contribute to developing country proposals for WHE Programme, implementation and monitoring of relevant projects. The incumbent will provide technical guidance to national counterparts and coordinate closely to successfully implement the projects
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective (Overview of the programme):
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Program is to help countries, and to coordinate international action, when needed, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and other public health emergencies
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment):
The Outbreak Response Officer will work under direct supervision of the Epidemiologist IHP/CPI and overall guidance of WHO Health Emergency (WHE) Team Leader
Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Draft and follow up technical and financial project proposals for Health Emergency Programme of WHO
• Facilitate the implementation of WHO Health Emergency projects and plans in coordination with MoPH and other relevant partners at national and sub-national levels
• Conduct field visits to provinces for monitoring the project implementation
• Communicate technical issues with the donors, MoPH and partners
• Represent WHO in the relevant technical forums
• Prepare detailed technical and progress reports for different projects
• Prepare Request for proposals/RFP and Request for Quotation/RFQ when required
• Other related tasks as assigned by supervisor
1) Producing results
2) Fostering Integration and Team work
3) Communicating in a credible and effective way
4) Moving forward in a changing environment.
5) Effective use of resources
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
Good technical skills in the design and implementation of Public Health projects
Good report writing skills
Good communication skill
Essential: First level university degree is required in medicine/MD.
Desirable: Postgraduate degree in public health or Health Management
Essential: At least 5 years of experience in public health project management.
Desirable: Working experience with WHO/ UN or international nongovernmental organization
Languages: Very good knowledge of English and the local language.
– Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
– Knowledge of ERP/Oracle applications is an asset
– WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
– WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2022-10-99) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
WHO is a smoke free environment.