Orthopedic ward in charge
- Post Date:September 17, 2022
- Views 26
- Career Level OfficerExperience Less than 1 YearGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number Orthopedic ward in chargeLocation Kabul
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; to deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society. The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care. MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
The Orthopedic ward In-charge is responsible but not limited for overall management of ward technical activities including managing of ward’s staff, administrative and professional activities, monitoring of IP system and technical in-service and off service training of staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of annual, monthly and daily working plan for related ward.
- Leading of daily visits of related ward.
- Preparation of daily working plan and roaster of doctors and other staff of the ward
- Preforming specialized procedures
- Performing consultations requests by other wards or hospitals.
- Ensure proper provision of health care services for the patients admitted to ward and/or attends the hospital according to service need.
- To provide and to assist with the delivery of care to patients with serious illness
- To support continuity of elective & emergency services during period of Specialist of leave.
- To support the ward, emergency and critical care services out of-hours through participation in duty outside normal hours (especially during mass causality)
- To undertake professional development activities, audit and engage in performance appraisal.
- The post-holder will be encouraged and supported to develop specialist areas of practice in line with service requirements
- The post-holder will be responsible to Lead Clinician Care in Orthopedic Unit.
- The post-holder will be expected to manage all patients and staff.
- The post-holder is responsible to attend and perform official duty and prohibited to undertake private clinical duties during official time.
- Orthopedic ward In-charge is responsible for training of current and newly hiring staff.
- Develop procedure protocols take place in the orthopedic ward.
- Manage all administrative activities related to ward.
- Attend relevant meeting as required.
- Provide weekly, monthly and yearly reports to / Hospital Medical in-Charge/ Hospital In-Charge as required
- Any other duties assigned by Project as required.
Report to: Line Manager
Subordinates: Unit staff
- Must be Afghan
- MD degree attested by MoHE
- Specialization degree in Orthopedy attested by MoPH or MoHE
- At least one-year post specialization Related experience
- One-year experience in the field of health care management (background in Hospital Management is preferable)
- Basic knowledge of English Language
- Good knowledge of national languages
- Good Team leader
- Strong Communication Skills
- Good Computer skill (MS Office)
- Skill for Drafting and developing of Treatment Guidelines
- Ability to work under pressure and perform multiple tasks
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is:, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (HR Officer) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification