Operator Weekday Crew
- Post Date:July 12, 2022
- Views 93
- Career Level OthersExperience FreshGender Both
- Industry Food and BeverageNumber of OpportunitiesLocation Manukau City, New Zealand
Work for a global FMCG company with some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands.
Be part of an exciting business where employees are recognised and career growth is supported.
With a large portfolio of food and beverage brands, PepsiCo Australia & New Zealand employs more than 1500 people across ANZ at Smiths Snack Food Company, Bluebird Foods NZ and PepsiCo Beverages. Bluebird is home to some of the New Zealand’s favourite and most trusted brands such as Bluebird Ready Salted Potato Chips, Doritos, Copper Kettle, Grainwaves, Twisties and Burger Rings. PepsiCo was recognised as a Top Employer in both Australia and New Zealand in 2021, one of only 16 organisations globally to earn this certification, and again in 2022.
PepsiCo has been recognised as an Employer of Choice for gender equality for the past 9 years and is one of the leading organisations in this space. We also believe in our sustainability strategy, that there is an opportunity to change how the world distributes, consumes, and disposes of food and beverages and we aim to use our scale, reach, and expertise to help build a more sustainable food system that can still meet human needs for enjoyment and continue to drive our economic and social development.
To continue our success, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Process Operator on Day shift at our Wiri Manufacturing site. The hours for this role are 7am-3:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Process Operator role will see you running our manufacturing equipment in a safe, cost-effective and efficient manner to produce high-quality products. You will have the opportunity to work across multiple lines within our manufacturing plant. We are looking for someone who wants to develop a career in food manufacturing and who has the mechanical aptitude to learn, grow and advance in our workplace. You will be a key part of a strong and supportive team, and your positive attitude, solid attendance, and excellent work ethic will be recognised and rewarded within the business.
At Bluebird we offer a work environment that is focused on the Safety, Health and Wellbeing of our employees, and we are committed to recruiting, training, developing and retaining high quality employees.
- Operate snack-food processing machines cost-effectively: centre-lining, process equipment operation, calibration, monitoring and cleaning
- Work as a part of an efficient food production team
- Use manual handling techniques and processes safely
- Ensure safety, health and environmental compliance in all areas: completing quality checks, flavour testing, product specification testing and management of materials and waste
- Actively contribute to Food Safety targets within the team
Ideally you will have:
- Have good mechanical aptitude with strong attention to detail, safety and reliability
- Have a flexible approach to ensure the job gets done right the first time and to ensure quality in every bag
- Be motivated with a hunger to learn new skills, challenge yourself and progress your career
- Have the ability to work autonomously, whilst working towards achieving team goals
Only people with the legal right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position
What we can offer you:
- Flexibility with work hours and work location
- Retail and service discounts through our online programs
- Health initiatives through our Health and Wellness programs
- Personal and professional growth opportunities through Learning Offerings online
We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success. Because we value our employees and their families, we offer an agile and flexible working environment with an emphasis on work life balance and health, as well as plenty of learning opportunities and room to grow your career.
Your positive attitude will be rewarded with excellent long term local and global career opportunities, and ongoing professional development along with a fun and rewarding working environment.
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders. At PepsiCo, we recognise our people as a key part of our business and career progression within the business is encouraged and supported.
We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining high quality people.
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the PepsiCo ANZ team.
PepsiCo’s hiring process:
- Submit your application
- Interview(s) and skills evaluation
- Online Assessment process
- Reference and background checks
At PepsiCo, we believe what makes you unique, makes us better. We embrace equal opportunities for all employees. We believe that our people are our best asset and understand the importance of bringing different perspectives, different lenses and different experiences to our workplace. We are committed to building and supporting an inclusive workforce that truly reflects the global communities we operate within and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.