Operations Research Engineer
- Post Date:September 16, 2022
- Views 36
- Experience 3 YearsGender BothIndustry Computer and Technology
- Qualification Master’s DegreeNumber of OpportunitiesLocation Phoenix, Arizona; Hillsboro, Oregon; Folsom, California; Santa Clara, California
As the Operations Research Engineer, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Solves engineering problems critical for technology and product development through software expertise, domain knowledge, modeling, and research methodologies.
- Develops strategic software applications, algorithms/flows, and/or AI solutions to ensure continued advancement.
- Researches technological trends, collaborates with industry, academic, and industry standardization, product, and technical groups to address important technology and customer issues, and finds innovative solutions to difficult problems for midterm or long-term time frames (two years or beyond).
- May research to define boundaries, create proof of concepts, or prototype new ideas.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Willingness to identify root causes of problems and synthesizes effective practical solution approaches implementing these solutions in real-life production usage.
- Committed and highly motivated team player with strong communication skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
The candidate must possess at least one of the following degrees plus the years of experience determined for each degree in the areas specified below:
- Master’s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Management, Science, or related discipline with 3 + years of relevant experience.
- Ph.D. degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Management, Science, or related discipline with 1 + years of relevant experience.
- Programming: CSharp or Java and work with commercial optimization packages such as ILOG CPLEX, Gurobi, Autosched, etc.
- Database management systems, such as SQL Server, etc.
- Operations Research (OR), Linear Programming, Integer Programming, Constraint Programming.
- Strong knowledge and experience in semiconductor manufacturing and scheduling are highly preferred.
- Discrete Event Simulation, Simulated Annealing, Meta Heuristics, and Evolutionary Algorithms, etc.