Nutrition Screener or Health Educator (Only Female)
- Post Date:December 17, 2022
- Views 35
- Career Level OfficerExperience Less than 1 YearGender Female
- Industry Health CareQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number HNTPO-12-15-2022/001Location Kabul
About HealthNet TPO:
HealthNet TPO is a Netherlands based not for profit, non-governmental organization founded on the principle that access to affordable quality health care is a basic human right. HealthNet TPO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence based public health interventions with a focus on: innovative development of health systems, mental health and psychosocial care, long and short term training of health workers, control of communicable diseases (including malaria), and health financing schemes. HealthNet TPO offers ground-breaking and unconventional solutions that foster self-reliance and promote sustainable health care that is accessible to all.
HealthNet TPO in Afghanistan aims to improve the health status of the people in Afghanistan by supporting the local communities and the Government of Afghanistan in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO is working in Afghanistan since 1994, implementing integrated health projects managed mainly by national staff and supported technically by expatriate staff from the headquarter office. HealthNet TPO Afghanistan
is providing Primary Health Care, Mental Health and psychosocial services, fighting malaria and supporting Mother & Child Health Care in terms of providing training for Community Midwifes and to conduct operation research. Health Net TPO is currently implementing projects in 22 provinces and the major program it implements are Malaria Control program,SEHATMANDI projects in four provinces, nutrition, Mental Health and Psychosocial program through a community system strengthening approach.
- Register and undertake growth monitoring and promotion (GMP) including measure weight, height and age and check edema of all children under two year of age.
- Conduct GMP based on counseling of mothers/caregivers of all children under two years of age on appropriate MYICN practices and infection prevention
- Screening of PLW and under 5 year children for nutrition status
- Promotion of appropriate MIYCN practices
- Refer of MAM and SAM children to the doctor of health facility for giving adequate treatment and counseling.
- Counsel mothers/caregivers to bring their under two year children for the counseling and GMP on monthly base.
- Check whether child has received Vit A supplementation during the previous NID, if no then refer to health staff to give him/her Vit A.
- Provision of health education plan
- Provision of health education session to the relevant clients
- Measure PLW MUAC, weight, height and find BMI and categorize her accordingly.
- Provide individual counseling on appropriate practices, based on the BMI findings
- Check whether lactating mothers receive adequate IFA tablets during three months after delivery
- Follow up of the defaulter from the OPD MAM program
- Coordination with CHS and CHWs to find and follow GMP defaulters
- Mentor CHWs during the debriefing day about GMP, counseling’s skills and proper home visits
- Maintain regular registration of the conducted activities
- Triangulation of the data for accuracy and consistency
- Maintain regular report the project officer
- Any other job assigned by the line manager
- Nurse, midwife, having nutrition diploma, or certified nutrition counselor (graduated from recognized institute with certified educational documents)
- At least one year working experience in BPHS/EPHS in the nutrition field
- Knowledge of local languages, good communication and counselling skills
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter and apply Via E-mail to [email protected]
Please ensure to fill out the Health Net TPO application form which is available in http://www.acbar.org/application form
Please ensure to write the number of vacancy and position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail Add.
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration. Candidates who are meeting the above criteria will be short listed;
Country office Address,
HNO: 003, Main St: 005, Sello Road, DehNaw _Dehbori, District 03