Nutrition Promoter (Local Recruitment)
- Post Date:September 10, 2022
- Views 98
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Female
- Industry Health CareQualification Associate DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AAH/AFG-2022-152Location Helmand
About Action Against Hunger:
Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. AAH has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, and water and sanitation fields since 1995. AAH improved access to health and nutrition services for the most vulnerable people, who live in remote areas without a local health system. In particular, the country team supported pregnant and breastfeeding women and children under five, who are at greater risk of malnutrition. Nutrition programmes rely on an integrated approach, addressing both primary and underlying causes, in order to have a lasting impact on nutritional status. The country team worked at community level, in villages and at provincial level, strengthening the public health system. It also worked at national level to ensure reliable information about the nutritional situation reached the wider humanitarian community. Covid-19 prevention was integrated into all interventions and additional response activities were implemented, such as the disinfection of health facilities and public places, cash assistance, psychosocial support and the distribution of hygiene kits to affected populations.
To support the Integrated Nutrition / Health and MHCP response to reduce excess child morbidity and mortality for the promotion of pre-defined good practices and behavior change in high risky provinces of Afghanistan
Objective 1: Implementation community based health and nutrition promotion
- Establish community –based health and nutrition promotion committees (male & female) in the catchment areas of MHT services.
- Conduct project inception meeting with local community elders in MHT catchment areas.
- Plan, organize and realize daily and monthly orientation sessions, according to the methodology defined, regarding health/nutrition and MHCP relevant messaged to the health and nutrition promotion committees.
- Organize regular community sensitization sessions in MHT catchment area.
- Record the necessary information in the relevant reporting tools.
Objective2: Performing health and nutrition education and counselling sessions:
- Prepared all the material for the health and promotion education sessions
- Conduct regular health/ nutrition and MHPSS education sessions to all clients who are visiting MHT services.
- Provide education and counselling sessions on health/nutrition and MHPSS to clients.
- Promote behavior changes of clients on health/nutrition and MHPSS in RRT catchment areas.
- Use pictorial IEC materials during education and counselling sessions.
- Distribute program relevant IEC to BNFs in MHT catchment areas.
- Record all information in the designed/validated reporting tools.
Objective 3: Represent AAH at community level
- Present the professional image of the organization related program to relevant communities.
- Respect for the principals and values of the organization in the framework of the partnership.
- Respect AAH charter/ policies and procedures.
- Develop contacts and explain to stakeholders and populations the activities and the objectives of the programs.
- Represent the organization with the beneficiaries with the agreement of the hierarchical supervisor.
- Inform local authorities about all aspects of the programs
- Involve and inform the communities in the implementation of the program
- Work in collaboration with the stakeholders.
Objective 4: Perform screening and GMP to under 5 children & PLWs in the community
- Assist screener on the performing of screening & Growth monitoring promotion to all U5 children at community level (Active Screening in the community)
- Detect and refer malnourished cases to MHT site
- Classification of all U5 children in categories of well-nourished and Acute Malnutrition (SAM & MAM).
- Keep record of all screened BNFs in the relevant reporting tools.
Objective 5: Prepare all the material /Reporting and documentation
- Before leaving the office ensure all the material is ready and active (relevant equipment’s, registers, nutritional supplies, medicines…).
- Keep all items in the field very well, after the field visit, clean, and prepare the using in coming day.
- Update all reporting tools on daily basis.
- Keep and maintain a good filing system for all documents
- Prepare the reports (Daily, Weekly and monthly) according to the standard reporting tools.
- Reporting challenges – way of forwards / successes to line manager.
- Assist line supervisor on performing other duties assigned by the organization.
Educational / Professional Background :
- Graduate from recognized institute (Public health, Nursing, midwifery).
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field of health and nutrition.
- Experience in behavioral change promotion is preferred.
Required Competences & Skills :
- Previous experiences working in health/ nutrition and MHCP activities at community level
- Excellent communication with communities
- Good training & demonstration skills
- Having a high flexibility
- Good planning, organizing and reporting kills.
- Ability to manage working environment according to local culture
- Fluent in local languages (Dari & Pashto), Knowledge of English language is a plus.
- Knowledge of intervention area is a plus
- Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (with three Referees) indicating the vacancy announcement reference to the address: Human Resources Department AAH office or can also be emailed to:
[email protected] no later 13 of Sep 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
In the e-mail subject line, please put job title & vacancy number of the position you are applying for, otherwise your applications will not be screened.
Do not submit academic certificates with the application. These can be requested if the candidate is selected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test/interview.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer