Nutrition Officer (MD)
- Post Date:November 21, 2022
- Views 51
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number NR/BRO/011/22/103Location Daykundi
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education and health.
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
At present, it is seeking an exceptional individual to fill the position of Nutrition Officer (MD) at its to Bamyan District Office – Afghanistan
The incumbent of this position work as nutrition officer at the community level as part of Mobile health team to provide basic nutrition services to women and under five children and to raise awareness of good child feeding and weaning practices and rehabilitate malnourished children especially Moderate Acute Malnutrition (MAM) and underweight.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide services for supplementary feeding programs and Out-Patient therapeutic programs in line with the public nutrition department of MoPH guidelines.
• Screen children (6-59 months) for malnutrition and provide RUSF to OPD MAM children and RUTF to OPD SAM cases.
• Refer cases of severe acute malnutrition with medical complications and children 6-59 months to the nearest in-patient care facility following the PND/MoPH referral procedures.
• Refer the OPD patients to mobile health team doctors for diagnosis and treatment.
• Give appropriate nutrition, health and hygiene education to the beneficiaries and care takers.
• impart appropriate IYCF counselling and other health messages to lactating women.
• impart the health education messages regarding the COVID-19 prevention and control measures to the people attending mobile health team.
• Enhance technical nutrition management skills of staff through formal and informal training.
• Establish and maintain good coordination with related HFs staff and community elders/members.
• Ensures that mobile health team is equipped with up-to-date nutrition related information, guidelines, procedures manual, database, forms and required equipment such as scale, height measuring board, MUAC etc.
• Develop and submit the nutrition reports according to the requirements of the donor and PND/MoPH such as daily, monthly, quarterly, annual and end of project technical reports.
• Closely work with MIS team for providing the data through using standard reporting tools.
• Promote and support infant and young child feeding and care practices.
• Prepare the requests for needed items for implementation of the targeted activities with consideration of the allocated resources and submit to relevant staff for further process.
• Ensure good hygiene standards are kept during provision of nutrition services.
• Keep the record (soft and hard) of all documents related to nutrition intervention took place in the sites and submitted reports.
• Respect the target communities’ cultures, traditions, and costumes.
• Respect all AKF policies, rules and regulations and practice accordingly.
• To do any other task, with the field of competence, as line manager may request.
• To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Occasional Significant Duties
• Contribute to development and delivering of presentations in official events related to nutrition.
• To Maintain a good organizational working relationship within the departments and other AKF’A sectors at regional offices and AKDN sister agencies.
• Contribute to data collection and analysis of the situation of nutrition and their impact assessment.
Required Qualifications and Experiences
· Graduate of Medical university, Master in the field of Nutrition is preferable.
· 3 Years’ Experience in the related field.
· Must be willing to travel to the field.
· The ability to work in a team environment.
· The ability to adapt in an atmosphere of constant change.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Core Competencies
· Attention to details.
· To be a good Team Member.
· Good Communication skill.
· Honesty in professional working.
Applicants meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than November 30th, 2022.
Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying
No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
Salary scale – according to organization salary scales.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.