- Post Date:September 14, 2022
- Views 32
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification DiplomaSalary Salary ranges from 250 USD to 300 USD depending on the district remoteness and access issues
- Number of Opportunities 16Vacancy Number HADAAF-22-058Location Helmand
- HADAAF is a non-governmental, non for profit and non-sectarian Afghan NGO founded in March 2004 and legally registered with the Ministry of Economy in 2006. Since its inception, HADAAF has been implementing programs in different sectors such as; health, education, livelihood, emergency response and community’s development mostly in hard to reach area of Afghanistan. Under its programs HADAAF is targeting the most vulnerable communities; such as marginalized women and children, people with disabilities, internal and external displaced population in different parts of the country. HADAAF has adapted a strategic approach of partnership and collaboration throughout its program implementation. Thus far, HADAAF has implementing projects/programs in partnership with MoPH, IMC, UNICEF, WHO, FHI 360, Health Net TPO, UNDP Save the Children International, Swedish Committee for Afghanistan, Johanniter and Cordaid in Nuristan, Urozgan, Ghor, Farah, Kunar, Laghman and Kabul provinces. This collaborative approach has enabled HADAAF to get access to hard-to-reach areas and implement quality service delivery.
- HADAAF respects & adhere to national & international humanitarian standards such as International Human Rights, Convention on the Rights of Children (CRC), The Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response, Do NO Harm, Speer Standards, NGO Laws and Code of Conduct among others.
- Provide Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF), Growth Monitoring Promotion and maternal nutrition Counselling of all mothers with a special focus on Pregnant and lactating mothers/women.
- Raise Nutrition education to pregnant and lactating mothers of children receiving nutrition services
- Facilitate Focus group discussion between group of mothers of well-nourished children and malnourished children
- Promote hygiene best practices through community engagement and community leader’s mobilization.
- Manage and Conduct food demonstration sessions in community
- Screen children 6 to 59 month and PLWs for malnutrition.
- Provide specific counselling to the mothers of SAM and MAM children regarding proper complementary feeding in different stages of life
- Counselling to pregnant and lactating women for getting additional food.
- Promote and distribute Iron Folic Acid (IFA) and micronutrient for mothers during lactation and pregnancy.
- Responsible for conduction all other nutrition activities such as Growth monitoring of all U2 year children and screening of children under five and PLWs for acute malnutrition using MUAC or weight\height scale for children.
- Register and report all activities including the supplies distributed, the number of beneficiaries, the SAM and MAM cases, the date and location of services, and report those on monthly bases,
- Perform other tasks -within area of expertise- as requested by the supervisor
- MoPH certified nurse or a midwife or at least High school graduate with nutrition background.
- At least have 3 years experiences in Nutrition Counselling.
- Received training of nutrition Counsellor package.
Interested candidate with the required qualification and experience should send their applications along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 30 September 2022.
Contact Numbers: +93786243900
Applications will not be accepted/considered after the closing date. Only short-listed candidates whose applications meet the above criteria will be considered.
Note: Applicant should mention the Vacancy Number in the Subject line of the E-mail.