- Post Date:October 15, 2022
- Views 39
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Female
- Industry EnergyQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number ECW-11-22Location Takhar
About Empowerment Center for Women:
Empowerment Center for Women (ECW) is a women-led organization established in 1997 to work for women’s empowerment in Afghanistan. ECW thematically delivers services in Health, Education, Gender justice, Protection, Nutrition, Livelihood and Food security, and organizational development sectors. In addition, ECW has a strong background in Capacity building, Advocacy, Community Outreach, Networking, Accountability, and community-based protection programs. ECW is presently working in Kabul, Zabul, Uruzgan, Kunduz, Takhar, Badakhshan, Baghlan, Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan, and Bamyan.
The purpose of this position is to lead, plan, coordinate, implement and report on the Mobile Health and Nutrition Team Project (MHNT Project) in Takhar provinces.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conduct counseling for pregnant and lactating women and mothers of all under two years’ children on appropriate infant and young child feeding (IYCF) practices.
• Conduct growth monitoring of all under two years’ children and registering them.
• Conduct anthropometric measurement (weight, height and age), MUAC and check edema of all under five children.
• Classification of all under five children in categories of well nourished, Moderate Acute Malnutrition (MAM) and Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM).
• Refer to proper services based on classification to address nutritional status.
• Conduct regular nutrition education at MHNT
• Food demonstration at health facility
• Preparing the nutrition monthly reports.
• Graduated from a 12th class.
• Minimum to have 1 years’ experience working in MHNT
Other skills required:
• Good communication skills
• Able to read, write and speak English language
Interested candidates are requested to send their motivation litter along with their CVs to the attention of following address: [email protected], with a subject line (ECW-11-22),