- Post Date:August 30, 2022
- Views 56
- Career Level OfficerExperience 6 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number FMIC/HR/384Location Kabul
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) is a non-governmental tertiary hospital established in 2006 as the product of a unique four-way partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, and two private, international development organizations – La Chaine de l’Espoir (CDE) and Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). It provides the people of Afghanistan with exemplary healthcare services at par with the best medical institutions in the region.
Plan and conduct comprehensive training program for nursing staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strengthening the program of nursing education services.
- Identifying the continuous education and training needs and implementing the appropriate educational programs for nursing staff.
- Develop different training modules and plan trainings for nursing staff from different areas.
- Ensuring all staff meet credentialing requirements.
- Plan and coordinate effective overseas training for nursing staff.
- Facilitate trainees from outside hospital i.e. GIHS, KMU, Faizabad and Bamyan Hopsital.
- Conduct trainings/ workshops for AKDN or other organizations on request basis.
- Prepare a comprehensive report for NES monthly and annual educational activities.
- Ensure that all newly inducted nurses possess knowledge and skills through conducting nursing orientation programs.
- Ensure the completion of NES and CBO checklist.
- Developing and strengthening nursing policies, procedures and protocols for maintaining the international standards of care.
- Develop and review documents/forms for its effective implementation.
- Plan and organize quality audits for nursing policies and procedures.
- Plan monthly NES educational activities for staff.
- Materialize training plans accordingly for the welfare of the trainees.
- Organize and conduct training sessions, workshops or seminars for the trainees.
- Delivers competence based programs for nursing staff with a focus upon improvement of skills and retention of knowledge.
- Incorporates principles of adult learning in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of education programs.
- Provide mentorship to the new nursing instructors to maintain regularity in the high standards of the organization.
- Ensure effective utilization of all the educational resources which aid institution to achieve success. Identifies and recruits internal and external resources (nurse, doctor, other specialists) for educational activities.
- Work closely with area heads to ensure the integration of learned concepts into practices
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs.
- Participate in unit meeting and educational programs as required.
- Participate in divisional preparation activities for Safe Care Standards and ISO audits.
- Participate in quality circles and quality projects whenever assigned by supervisor.
- Represent on different intra-departmental meetings and task groups as assigned by supervisor.
- Initiate the quality improvement projects/nursing research projects along with the team.
- Participate in other ongoing meetings of the division of nursing services.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program having bachelor of science in nursing
- Registered with the Afghanistan Nurses and Midwives Council (ANMC)
- Preferred if have certification in:
- Basic life support (BLS) provider and instructor
- Pediatric advanced life support (PALS) provider and instructor
- Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) provider and instructor
- Neonatal resuscitation program (NRP) provider and instructor
- Medication certification
- Peripheral intravenous cannulation (PIVC)
- Infection Control (IC) module
- Effective Teaching Skills (ETS) and Clinical Teaching Skills (CTS)
Knowledge and competencies (State skills, abilities & traits required):
- An effective team player and contributes to team building.
- Possesses good interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Able to organize workload and identify priorities as per patient acuity.
- Able to deal with difficult customers.
- Understand written and verbal English.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Must be regular and punctual.
- Keeps him/herself well-groomed and observe the uniform code at all times.
- Be motivated towards learning and capacity development.
- Makes responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment to the institution and customers and clear accountability.
- Travels within or outside the country for short/long term trainings/mission when needed.
- Represents positive image of FMIC via professional appearance and behavior.
- Takes feedback from supervisors constructively and works to improve on the identified areas
- Must be regular and punctual on work with > 96% attendance.
- Keeps oneself well-groomed and maintains the uniform code at all times.
- Participates in professional activities
- Demonstrates leadership qualities to become a team leader.
- Accepts the management decision to work in any of the areas when transferred or assigned as per institution’s need.
- Accepts hospitals’ policy in complying with the area specific uniform.
- Able to discharge duties on public holidays and off days; and perform long duty hours and shift duties including night shift as per need.
- Be accessible through phone during off-days and leave-days; and discharge duty in case of emergency when called.
- Performs any other related task as assigned by supervisor
Interested applicants should send their resume to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Children, Ali Abad, and Behind Kabul University or email [email protected].
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. CVs are required to be covered with application letter also. Please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line.